1. silicon valley
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 22:31
    http://forums.mercurynews.com/topic/inmates-attack-dad-suspected-of-trying-to-sell-baby?source=article#comment-33261

Sunday, 6/27/2010 - 11:57 a.m. PDT — baby

tulefogg

I agree 100% with tubal ligation in this case. The girl has been in and out of trouble. The family is a good family and they loved her very much, but they were unable to help her because of mental problems. Please do not judge the family. This is a heartbreaking situation. They are happy that the baby is protected and that the two woman saved this babies life. They are also very happy that the father had his own justice while in prison.
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 22:32
    above comment is from:

Thread 131544, page 6, "Teen shot by Border Patrol 'most wanted'"

Originally posted by zeeblebot
    your eminem vid reminded me of these guys:

meth-head couple from a coastal town near here (Salinas) try to sell their baby for $25.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_15385522?source=most_viewed

Inmates attack dad suspected of trying to sell baby

By Virginia Hennessy
    Monterey County Herald
    Posted: 06/26/2010 04:25:41 PM PDT
    Updated: 06/26/2010 04:25:42 PM PDT

MONTEREY — Two Salinas parents were arraigned Friday under heightened security after the father was attacked by jail inmates when they heard he was charged with attempting to sell their 8-month-old daughter.

Patrick Alan Fousek, 38, and Samantha Tomasini, 20, are being held in segregated, lockdown cells at the Monterey County Jail, after the Thursday night attack.

The two were arrested Tuesday night after Fousek allegedly approached two women in the Walmart parking lot and offered to sell the baby girl he was carrying for $25. Tomasini was reportedly in a parked car nearby.

The women initially believed Fousek was joking, according to Salinas police, but called 911 after he persisted, thrusting his daughter into their arms momentarily. When police arrived, the couple were gone, but the women's description led officers to an apartment in the 700 block of East Romie Lane, where they found the baby amid squalor, her parents high on methamphetamine, police said.

In 2006, his young son from that relationship was removed from the Fousek family home on Old Stage Road in Salinas after probation officers conducting a routine search on Patrick Fousek found a methamphetamine lab in the bedroom of his twin brother, David Fousek.

3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 01:35
    http://forums.mercurynews.com/topic/inmates-attack-dad-suspected-of-trying-to-sell-baby?source=article#comment-33261

tulefogg

I agree 100% with tubal ligation in this case. The girl has been in and out of trouble. The family is a good family and they loved her very much, but they were unable to help her ...[text shortened]... this babies life. They are also very happy that the father had his own justice while in prison.
    I'm in favor of forced sterilization of anyone who would choose the screen name "tulefogg."
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 04:19
    it's the fog that rises along highway 5 in the central valley. very dense, causes lots of accidents from people following too close or driving too fast. i don't like to drive in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tule_fog

Tule fog (pronounced /ˈtuːliː/) is a thick ground fog that settles in the San Joaquin Valley and Sacramento Valley areas of California's Great Central Valley. Tule fog forms during the late fall and winter (California's rainy season) after the first significant rainfall. The official time frame for tule fog to form is from November 1 to March 31. This phenomenon is named after the tule grass wetlands (tulares) of the Central Valley. Accidents caused by the tule fog are the leading cause of weather-related casualties in California.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 04:252 edits
    Tule fog (pronounced /ˈtuːliː/) is a thick ground fog that settles in the San Joaquin Valley and Sacramento Valley areas of California's Great Central Valley. Tule fog forms during the late fall and winter (California's rainy season) after the first significant rainfall. The official time frame for tule ents caused by the tule fog are the leading cause of weather-related casualties in California.
    I can pronounce "Tule fog" but I have a hard time to pronounce "/ˈtuːliː/"[/b]
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 04:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I can pronounce "Tule fog" but I have a hard time to pronounce "/ˈtuːliː/"[/b]
    you could open a site idea thread!!!: don't mangle non-ASCII or multibyte characters.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 04:37
    you could open a site idea thread!!!: don't mangle non-ASCII or multibyte characters.
    Relax, relax... It was meant as a joke.
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 17:37
    🙂
  9. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 18:25

tulefogg

I agree 100% with tubal ligation in this case. The girl has been in and out of trouble. The family is a good family and they loved her very much, but they were unable to help her ...[text shortened]... this babies life. They are also very happy that the father had his own justice while in prison.
    I used to work at an alcoholism treatment center for women, and still do monthly volunteer activities there. That is the background behind my opinion.

I think that "installing" a long-term birth control device would be acceptable, but not forced sterilization. I've known a large number of women who made bad choices who were able to turn their lives around once they had substance abuse treatment and intensive counseling. It doesn't always work because women don't always want to finish treatment, but the success rate is fairly high. Thus, no matter how negatively I feel about this girl at this moment, she's also someone who has the potential to change and actually be a good mother someday, with appropriate and timely intervention.
  10. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 00:42
    isn't long-term birth control free to the poor anyway?
  11. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 01:46
    isn't long-term birth control free to the poor anyway?
    I don't know what kind of birth control AHCCCS (our state medical program) covers. If I was the catty sort, I'd make a snide comment suggesting that it mustn't cover any at all, but that sort of thing is beneath me. Obviously.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree