1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 19:291 edit
    Most players believe that the forums of this site are what helps drive this site? I would disagree:
    1. There are 16,351 active players and probably 300 or less contribute to the forums. That is 0.018%.
    2. Lots of players probably come and go on this site.
    3. There are some players on this site that have been hear longer then I have and never posted in the forums.
    4. It goes with all the other chess sites as well. I probably have only posted 5 times at chess.com and never on the other sites that I have been to.
    5. There are also a lot of different forum on the site that stay dead sometimes for weeks before someone posts next especially in the club forum.
    Most people just want to play chess.
    What are your arguments?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 19:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Most players believe that the forums of this site are what helps drive this site? I would disagree:
    1. There are 16,351 active players and probably 300 or less contribute to the forums. That is 0.018%.
    3. There are some players on this site that have been hear longer then I have and never posted in the ...[text shortened]... xt especially in the club forum.
    What are your arguments?
    no arguments when I was a member 4 years ago I had over 100 games on and little time to post now I am limited to 6 I post a lot more.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 16:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    3. There are some players on this site that have been hear longer then I have and never posted in the ...[text shortened]... xt especially in the club forum.
    What are your arguments?
    If you change the "players" into "Posters" in your first sentence we agree...

However reading a forum and posting in it could also be two completely different things.

I seldom post in the commentary to GP's blog but I read every single one of them and sometimes come back after a while reading it again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree