1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 May '10 09:10
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Tax evasion in Greece is a lot higher than in e.g. Sweden. Obviously, tax evasion is determined mostly by how easily one can dodge taxes, not how high taxes are. If no one checks whether or not you pay a 1% tax, no one will pay it.

It's very revealing how you are now promoting fraud.
    I am happy to pay for the services I use and after a long productive life believe myself to be well in credit.

No fraud.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    30 May '10 10:10
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    I am happy to pay for the services I use and after a long productive life believe myself to be well in credit.

No fraud.
    If everone followed your example and fully embraced the black cash economy, how many of the services would still exist?
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 May '10 10:371 edit
    Originally posted by kmax87
    If everone followed your example and fully embraced the black cash economy, how many of the services would still exist?
    Anyone wants to pay for such racist, sexist ministries as per:

Ministry of Maori Development,Ministry of Pacific Island Affairs,Ministry of Women's Affairs.

...are welcome to pay for them. When they start collapsing we'll talk about it. NZ has a minister of rugby world cup for fricks sake.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '10 12:27
    Higher taxes lead to higher tax evasion. While the tax rate in Greece is bad enough they like to make out social security contributions are something besides tax - they're not.

The black market is something to be cultivated and grown, I use cash only and make a point of telling tradesmen and the like a receipt is not necessary.
    "Cash" is currency created by the government, is it not?

If you are caught disobeying the legitimate economic regulations of your society, you should be punished according to its laws.
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    30 May '10 12:35
    .... NZ has a minister of rugby world cup for fricks sake.
    I think I finally get your loathing of 'guvmint interference'. The All Blacks, who are probably the most winningest side in world rugby, have as yet only won one(the inauggural) World Cup. It all becomes crystal clear now......
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 May '10 13:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    "Cash" is currency created by the government, is it not?

If you are caught disobeying the legitimate economic regulations of your society, you should be punished according to its laws.
    I am happy to pay for the services I use D. The gummint playing with the money supply more than covers my use of their fiat money. Every time another dollar comes off the press that isn't based on some value, robs me of some of the worth of the money I hold.

Service more than paid for, cheers.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '10 13:33
    I am happy to pay for the services I use D. The gummint playing with the money supply more than covers my use of their fiat money. Every time another dollar comes off the press that isn't based on some value, robs me of some of the worth of the money I hold.

Service more than paid for, cheers.
    The "value" of the money you hold is dependent on what other members of society think it is worth. You are "robbed" of nothing when their representatives decide to increase the supply of money for whatever reason they deem fit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree