1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 17:381 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    This is the sort of stupidity that I was talking about earlier. You cannot find any fault in anything she did an any of her jobs in her career, so the best you have is a ridiculous claim that she must have 'accomplishments'. For most jobs, doing your job competently is an accomplishment. And its and accomplishment Trump has shown himself somewhat incapabl ...[text shortened]... nough for you then you are just plain desperate. Its not something either you or Trump could do.
    Please remove your head from your buttocks.

Look at Iraq.

Look at Syria.

Look at Libya.

Look at her marriage.

Reinsert head back into buttocks.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 18:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    Please remove your head from your buttocks.

Look at Iraq.

Look at Syria.

Look at Libya.

Look at her marriage.

Reinsert head in buttocks.
    This is a great example of what I'm calling 'willful ignorance.' The author (whodey) of this nonsense sticks to bullet points without substance and hopes you will divine what he means to say against, in this case, Clinton. What is it about Iraq that you would have us know - that Bush the second was right? About Syria? That Obama was right and Clinton wrong?
    Perhaps... one hesitates... you don't know what you wish to say (Ignorance) but you are sure it must reflect badly on Clinton (willful).
    And in the meantime, not a syllable about her opponent. What do you think about the Japanese and the Saudi's developing their own nuclear deterrence, a la Mr Trump. What's your take on his trip to Mexico, his first international gambit. Did it reassure you that he's got the stuff to meet with Putin.
    Take all the notice of our dimwittedness that you can manage. My six tear old grandson has better judgment.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 18:33
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    This is a great example of what I'm calling 'willful ignorance.' The author (whodey) of this nonsense sticks to bullet points without substance and hopes you will divine what he means to say against, in this case, Clinton. What is it about Iraq that you would have us know - that Bush the second was right? About Syria? That Obama was right and Clinton wrong? ...[text shortened]... e notice of our dimwittedness that you can manage. My six tear old grandson has better judgment.
    I still await someone to point out some accomplishments Hillary can be proud of as Secretary of State.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 20:11
    Originally posted by sh76
    Hillary is so incredibly lucky to be running against an ignorant clown. Trump might be the only Republican nominee in history that she could beat.
    Yup. Even Ted Cruz would have eased to a victory.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 20:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    I still await someone to point out some accomplishments Hillary can be proud of as Secretary of State.
    If Clinton had cured cancer while being Secretary of State you still wouldn't have recognized it as an accomplishment.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 21:581 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If Clinton had cured cancer while being Secretary of State you still wouldn't have recognized it as an accomplishment.
    wow look at all the Hillary shills, did you see her interview on the plane after the NYC bombings, she's a zombie, I seen more life in people that were stoned on skunk weed. She's finished, Donald Trump will be the next president of the USA, get used to saying it.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 06:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow look at all the Hillary shills, did you see her interview on the plane after the NYC bombings, she's a zombie, I seen more life in people that were stoned on skunk weed. She's finished, Donald Trump will be the next president of the USA, get used to saying it.
    I don't like Clinton, but if I have to choose between a moldy sandwich and a bucket of radioactive waste I'd eat the moldy sandwich any day of the week. Of course, in elections where I can actually vote I have more than two options and I can choose some set of ideas that I only moderately disagree with.

Trump's Moronic Comment of the Day ® is apparently that it's "sad" that American citizens have the right to a fair trial. But by this point people are so desensitized to Trump saying outrageously stupid things that people just shrug and move on. It's not just Trump - fascism is on the rise, democracy is in real danger, not just in the US, and that certainly is a trend that should worry anyone who wants to live in a free society.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 09:117 edits
    I don't like Clinton, but if I have to choose between a moldy sandwich and a bucket of radioactive waste I'd eat the moldy sandwich any day of the week. Of course, in elections where I can actually vote I have more than two options and I can choose some set of ideas that I only moderately disagree with.

Trump's Moronic Comment of the Day ® is apparen ...[text shortened]... US, and that certainly is a trend that should worry anyone who wants to live in a free society.
    What a truly pathetic and entirely typical reaction, You're entire criteria for favouring Mrs Clinton is that you don't like Donald Trump. Boohoo.com awaits you! Its that sell out Sanders perspective as well! Who cares if they elect a warmongering, incompetent, deceitful, manipulative, highly sedated wall street shill as long as they don't elect Donald Trump. What a piece of uniformed, irrational, ill-conceived, politically biased hogwash!

Democracy is in danger? I agree, political elites like Mrs Clinton want it all, just for themselves and your reference to Mr. Trumps lack of intellectual acumen is also entirely typical. We never hear you twittering on about what Mrs Clinton says because she doesn't say anything! oh no! she will get elected simply because she is Hillary and your entire focus on Donald Trump proves this incontrovertible fact! You're a Hillary zombie dude you just don't realise it.

Here is Donald Trumps manifesto as far as i can discern.

Remove American troops from expensive overseas wars and territories.
    Remove illegal immigrants.
    Vet anyone who wants to come into the USA.
    Keep American manufacturing in America rather than move their outfits to places like Mexico.
    Invest in infrastructure.
    Renegotiate trade deals so that they are more beneficial for the USA.
    Cultivate a better relationship with Russia.
    Look after US veterans.

Please tell the forum which of these you think is a bad idea?
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 11:08
    What a truly pathetic and entirely typical reaction, You're entire criteria for favouring Mrs Clinton is that you don't like Donald Trump. Boohoo.com awaits you! Its that sell out Sanders perspective as well! Who cares if they elect a warmongering, incompetent, deceitful, manipulative, highly sedated wall street shill as long as they don't elect Don ...[text shortened]... ussia.
    Look after US veterans.

you missed 'build a wall'.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 11:16
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you missed 'build a wall'.
    There is already 'a wall', but nice try at deflection, which of those is a bad idea Palfie.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 11:38
    There is already 'a wall', but nice try at deflection, which of those is a bad idea Palfie.
    and he still wants to build one.....tells you everything doesn't it.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 12:35
    I asked for accomplishments.

Naturally, you can't offer any
  13. Germany
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 16:59
    What a truly pathetic and entirely typical reaction, You're entire criteria for favouring Mrs Clinton is that you don't like Donald Trump. Boohoo.com awaits you! Its that sell out Sanders perspective as well! Who cares if they elect a warmongering, incompetent, deceitful, manipulative, highly sedated wall street shill as long as they don't elect Don ...[text shortened]... ussia.
    Look after US veterans.

I don't "favour" Clinton, I think she is the least worst option between "meh, status quo continues, structural problems remain unsolved" and "egregious human rights violations and dismantling of Western society and democracy."

Remove American troops from expensive overseas wars and territories.
    Trump has called for increases in military spending.
    Remove illegal immigrants.
    Legalize them instead.
    Vet anyone who wants to come into the USA.
    Already happening.
    Keep American manufacturing in America rather than move their outfits to places like Mexico.
    I oppose any/all protectionist measures. A line in the sand is not a good reason for you to tell me who I can do business with.
    Invest in infrastructure.
    With what money? Trump has proposed increasing spending and reducing tax revenue.
    Renegotiate trade deals so that they are more beneficial for the USA.
    Every US politician claims to want deals that are better for the USA.
    Cultivate a better relationship with Russia.
    Every US politician claims to want better relations with foreign powers.
    Look after US veterans.
    Trump opposes a proper welfare system and an efficient single payer health care system.

Of course, Trump doesn't really have coherent positions and has already said that he will leave the actual decisions to others when he is president - but we can't really trust him to pick the best people for it.

More problematic, I think, are Trump's calls to abolish freedom of speech, to abolish due process, to execute civilians without a trial that are not even suspected of a crime, etc. etc. etc.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 17:35
    I am not a Hillary shill. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't call something a lie, or blatantly false when I see it. I don't like Clinton and clearly you don't either, but that does not justify your calling her a zombie.
    I realise that JWs cannot participate in politics and thus get off on shouting from the back benches, but your behaviour in this matter is despicable and leaves your pretence at being a Christian of any form in the mud.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 17:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am not a Hillary shill. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't call something a lie, or blatantly false when I see it. I don't like Clinton and clearly you don't either, but that does not justify your calling her a zombie.
    I realise that JWs cannot participate in politics and thus get off on shouting from the back benches, but your behaviour in this matter is despicable and leaves your pretence at being a Christian of any form in the mud.
    Oh dear do you think that your unwarranted moralising over others carries some sway? Its nothing more than an indication of someone seriously devoid of both substance and reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree