Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 01 Jun '14 13:51
    President Obama appears to have negotiated with terrorists by swapping 5 prisoners at club Gitmo for one US marine held by terrorists.

    Of course, Obama did this without consenting Congress and being accused of violating the law by doing so........again. This is the Barak Obama we have all grown to know and love.

    So US servicemen be on your gaurd. The US is now trading one US servicemen for 5 terrorists held at club Gitmo!!

    It's a fire sale!!

    Barak Obama, closing down club Gitmo one released terrorist at a time.
  2. 01 Jun '14 14:04
    So Obama traded one American for 5 Islamic terrorists.

    Does this mean that Muslims are 1/5 American?

    Is Barak Obama a bigoted racist?
  3. 01 Jun '14 14:05
    Bowe Bergdahl was in the Army, not Marines.
    Lot of flack starting to come up, after he deserted his post there were lots of search teams going out for months to try to find him , at least 6 people were killed doing so, lot more wounded. He's certainly no hero despite Obama gushing over him.
  4. 01 Jun '14 14:08
    Originally posted by Krod Mandoon
    Bowe Bergdahl was in the Army, not Marines.
    Lot of flack starting to come up, after he deserted his post there were lots of search teams going out for months to try to find him , at least 6 people were killed doing so, lot more wounded. He's certainly no hero despite Obama gushing over him.
    Are you suggesting that a Marine would garnish more terrorsts in a swap or less?
  5. 01 Jun '14 14:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Are you suggesting that a Marine would garnish more terrorsts in a swap or less?
    I'm not suggesting anything, simply pointing out that he was in the Army, not the Marines.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Jun '14 14:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    President Obama appears to have negotiated with terrorists by swapping 5 prisoners at club Gitmo for one US marine held by terrorists.

    Of course, Obama did this without consenting Congress and being accused of violating the law by doing so........again. This is the Barak Obama we have all grown to know and love.

    So US servicemen be on your gaurd. The ...[text shortened]...

    It's a fire sale!!

    Barak Obama, closing down club Gitmo one released terrorist at a time.
    Negotiating prisoner exchanges is a traditional power granted to Commanders. George Washington did it during the Revolutionary War even absent Congressional authorization:

    With few facilities to accommodate large numbers of prisoners, both the Americans and the British participated in prisoner exchange. Though Washington was actively involved in these matters, he appointed commissaries to handle the day-to-day details. The exchange of prisoners during the American Revolution was a chaotic ordeal, mainly because there was never a consistent policy put in place by the Continental Congress. Subsequently, a cartel (a formal agreement on prisoner exchange) was never put in place between the British and the Americans.

    http://www.mountvernon.org/educational-resources/encyclopedia/prisoners-war

    The President's stated position as "Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces" surely gives him the power to negotiate prisoner exchanges. It incredibly hypocritical of right wingers who pretend to be so concerned with the troops to criticize the President for bringing one of our own out of captivity. This is hyper-partisanship at an extreme level.
  7. 01 Jun '14 14:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Negotiating prisoner exchanges is a traditional power granted to Commanders. Nothing to see here.
    Yeah now that they know Obama will do some trading it'll be open season to capture Americans all over the world.
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Jun '14 15:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Krod Mandoon
    Yeah now that they know Obama will do some trading it'll be open season to capture Americans all over the world.
    This was a soldier captured on the battlefield. I suppose you right wingers would have preferred he remain captive for the rest of his life.

    Given your insistence on freeing an ex-soldier charged with a crime in another country before any determination as to his guilt or innocence is determined, your position here is stunningly inconsistent and almost ironic.
  9. 01 Jun '14 15:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    This was a soldier captured on the battlefield. I suppose you right wingers would have preferred he remain captive for the rest of his life.
    Battlefield? Captured?
    He tossed his rifle/helmet/flak vest on the ground and wandered off into the night, deserting his post. What was going on in his mind is known only to him but he willingly walked right into the arms of the Taliban for some screwy reason. I think he was some stank hippy loser that enlisted in the Army by accident and thought the Taliban were going to be nice guys if he just went out to talk to them.
  10. 01 Jun '14 15:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Negotiating prisoner exchanges is a traditional power granted to Commanders. George Washington did it during the Revolutionary War even absent Congressional authorization:

    With few facilities to accommodate large numbers of prisoners, both the Americans and the British participated in prisoner exchange. Though Washington was actively involved in these ...[text shortened]... nt for bringing one of our own out of captivity. This is hyper-partisanship at an extreme level.
    I'm sorry, what government is the Taliban apart of again?
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Jun '14 15:16
    Originally posted by Krod Mandoon
    Battlefield? Captured?
    He tossed his rifle/helmet/flak vest on the ground and wandered off into the night, deserting his post. What was going on in his mind is known only to him but he willingly walked right into the arms of the Taliban for some screwy reason. I think he was some stank hippy loser that enlisted in the Army by accident and thought the Taliban were going to be nice guys if he just went out to talk to them.
    That's speculation. The facts will come out.

    Whatever happened, he was an American soldier held captive by the enemy. We should be happy he has returned safely.
  12. 01 Jun '14 15:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's speculation. The facts will come out.

    Whatever happened, he was an American soldier held captive by the enemy. We should be happy he has returned safely.
    Speculation?

    Hmm?

    Let me know when you figure it out.
  13. 01 Jun '14 15:17
    The tyrant, America-hating Marxist Obama even has the gall to just take a dump without asking Congress for permission.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Jun '14 15:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm sorry, what government is the Taliban apart of again?
    They were the government of Afghanistan in case you forgot.

    In any event, they are belligerents against the US and the President as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces has clear power to negotiate prisoner exchanges with them if he decides that is best.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Jun '14 15:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    Speculation?

    Hmm?

    Let me know when you figure it out.
    I will. I'll rely on the facts when they come out not speculation from right wing blogs and magazine articles.