1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 21:35
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    [b]If the Republicans participate - and offer their OWN alternative ideas - and the result is a broad bipartisan policy that works brilliantly, they can argue that it was their ideas that made the policy work so well. They could run an inspiring campaign that promoted their own ideas.
    If the Republicans participate and these policies are successful, that means that Obama and company get another 4 years in the Oval Office. Don't pretend the Republicans would be patted on the back for their efforts in any way.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 21:422 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Good analysis. That's what I fear. This cycle of crisis leading to crisis as a tool in political warfare is not good.
    Its not political warfare, it is political thievery. Washington will simply find new ways to get more money into Washington through this crisis. Now that they were able to shove the stimulus policies through using our money to companies that help enrich them, my guess is that cap-in-trade and the new health care reforms are next on the agenda to bring in more of our money.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree