Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 01 Jan '14 11:55 / 2 edits
    Gentlemen and Duchesses,

    An announcement. My workload has increased quite dramatically this academic year and looks set to continue doing so; and finding that I have had half my alleged three score years and ten, I have been struck by the urge to use my spare time more productively. With regret, therefore, I have come to the conclusion that I should bring my participation in this forum to an end.

    I didn't want to vanish into the night unheralded like FMF, so thought I would post this message to bid my friends and sparring partners at RHP farewell. Thanks for many entertaining debates and thanks occasionally for helping to clarify or change my opinions.

    With best wishes to all,

    Teinosuke
  2. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    01 Jan '14 12:01
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one T, no need to cut any ties just take a break give it a month or 6 and you'll be all fired up for a few more rounds.

    See ya in a while.
  3. 01 Jan '14 12:16
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one T, no need to cut any ties just take a break give it a month or 6 and you'll be all fired up for a few more rounds.

    See ya in a while.
    Wajoma, you disagree with me about almost everything else, so I guess it's no surprise that you should disagree again today!

    Well, we'll see!
  4. 01 Jan '14 22:11
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Gentlemen and Duchesses,

    An announcement. My workload has increased quite dramatically this academic year and looks set to continue doing so; and finding that I have had half my alleged three score years and ten, I have been struck by the urge to use my spare time more productively. With regret, therefore, I have come to the conclusion that I should bri ...[text shortened]... asionally for helping to clarify or change my opinions.

    With best wishes to all,

    Teinosuke
    You'll be missed. Be well.
  5. 01 Jan '14 23:36
    Originally posted by vistesd
    You'll be missed. Be well.
    Thanks. And I shall miss the forum too!
  6. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    01 Jan '14 23:54
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Thanks. And I shall miss the forum too!
    Are you back already?
  7. 02 Jan '14 00:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Are you back already?
    Well, believe it or not, I hadn't quite gone yet!
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 Jan '14 01:31
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Gentlemen and Duchesses,

    An announcement. My workload has increased quite dramatically this academic year and looks set to continue doing so; and finding that I have had half my alleged three score years and ten, I have been struck by the urge to use my spare time more productively. With regret, therefore, I have come to the conclusion that I should bri ...[text shortened]... asionally for helping to clarify or change my opinions.

    With best wishes to all,

    Teinosuke
    Take care, Teinosuke. I hope we can still keep in touch in other ways.
  9. 02 Jan '14 01:53
    Originally posted by sh76
    Take care, Teinosuke. I hope we can still keep in touch in other ways.
    You know where I am on Facebook! Take care and be in touch!