1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 01:064 edits
    The Donald is certainly causing a bit of unrest in the GOP ranks, is he not? Karl Rove,The Koch Brothers, Mitch McConnell and other GOP establishment folks are actually considering running ads against Donald Trump if he wins the GOP nomination. Imagine, if you will the GOP establishment doing Hillary's work for her! Could we be witnessing the demise of the Grand Old Party? Hmmm.....

https://www.rickey.org/mitch-mcconnell-says-republicans-will-drop-donald-trump-like-a-hot-rock-if-he-wins-gop-nomination/291719/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/us/politics/for-republicans-mounting-fears-of-lasting-split.html?_r=0
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 01:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 01:18
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Only bill. He's one of a kind.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 12:42
    That's not nearly what he said.

I expect the GOP convention will end up being a brokered convention, the first brokered Republican convention since 1948. The 'establishment' Republicans would love to see this, as it would give them a way out of this 'Trump fiasco'.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 17:401 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's not nearly what he said.

I expect the GOP convention will end up being a brokered convention, the first brokered Republican convention since 1948. The 'establishment' Republicans would love to see this, as it would give them a way out of this 'Trump fiasco'.
    If Trump keeps winning States and delegates, who is going to demand a brokered convention. Trump on his present trajectory will have the nomination locked up by June. BTW I'm not saying that this is good or bad. It just is.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 20:45
    The GOP could run ads against Trump in states that are still having primaries.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 20:561 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 02:26
    Most of us here can read what you and bill wrote.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 02:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The GOP could run ads against Trump in states that are still having primaries.
    Why would they, if he ends up their nominee, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

I note there isn't a lot of hardball between Bernie and Hillary either for similar reasons.
  10. Joined
    15 Jul '10
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 01:17
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Why would they, if he ends up their nominee, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

I note there isn't a lot of hardball between Bernie and Hillary either for similar reasons.
    I totally agree again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree