Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Mar '18 16:46
    They own the White House and both Chambers of Congress, and they wish to surrender.

    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/16/gop-senator-says-his-party-might-not-deserve-to-lead-considering-how-it-has-backed-president-trump
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Mar '18 17:211 edit
    I wonder if that Bernie Sanders groupie trying to assassinate the entire GOP Congress at a baseball game has rattled them.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1391
    16 Mar '18 17:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I wonder if that Bernie Sanders groupie trying to assassinate the entire GOP Congress at a baseball game has rattled them.
    The GOP has created their own mess here. By blindly backing this erratic President who is hell bent on running the executive branch like reality TV, hiring and firing on a whim, and is being played by the Russians like violin, the GOP have already gone too far down the path to salvage any credibility. But don't take my word for it, just check out the last elections in Alabama and Pennsylvania.

    The Bernie groupie is small potatoes
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Mar '18 18:081 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    The GOP has created their own mess here. By blindly backing this erratic President who is hell bent on running the executive branch like reality TV, hiring and firing on a whim, and is being played by the Russians like violin, the GOP have already gone too far down the path to salvage any credibility. But don't take my word for it, just check out the last elections in Alabama and Pennsylvania.

    The Bernie groupie is small potatoes
    I knew the fix was in when they refused to repeal Obamacare a second time, even though they all ran on that platform.

    Trump was right about one thing, the entire political establishment is rigged.

    Democracy is a sham.

    All Trump did was add a massive amount to the debt and raise tariffs, something people like Bernie Sanders loves.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    16 Mar '18 18:121 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    They own the White House and both Chambers of Congress, and they wish to surrender.

    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/16/gop-senator-says-his-party-might-not-deserve-to-lead-considering-how-it-has-backed-president-trump
    I like this honesty, though I wish it didn't come from a Republican ending his career. It would be refreshing to see Reps honoring principle over political aspirations.

    I'd also like to see the same from Dems, who looked passed Hillary Clinton's many faults, and helped rig the election over Sanders. Choosing a Wall Street puppet with a history of war-mongering policies and flip-flopping on issues (like gay marriage) depending on what will make her more popular, help cost Dems the election.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138553
    16 Mar '18 18:12
    Originally posted by @mchill
    The GOP has created their own mess here. By blindly backing this erratic President who is hell bent on running the executive branch like reality TV, hiring and firing on a whim, and is being played by the Russians like violin, the GOP have already gone too far down the path to salvage any credibility. But don't take my word for it, just check out the last elections in Alabama and Pennsylvania.

    The Bernie groupie is small potatoes
    Bernie is too far left to be President.
    Someone more centrist is needed.

    For the benefit of some of the Patriot groupies filling this forum,
    that means somewhere in the middle. 😀

    This doesn't have to be a choice between Bible punching, picket fence America in the 1950's and erecting a statue of Karl Marx in front of Capitol Hill. 🙄
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    16 Mar '18 18:14
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Bernie is too far left to be President.
    Someone more centrist is needed.

    For the benefit of some of the Patriot groupies filling this forum,
    that means somewhere in the middle. 😀

    This doesn't have to be a choice between Bible punching, picket fence America in the 1950's and erecting a statue of Karl Marx in front of Capitol Hill. 🙄
    I keep hearing this critique of Sanders, but no one really explains why.

    What makes him "too far left" to be president? Kindly name some specifics.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Mar '18 18:15
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I like this honesty, though I wish it didn't come from a Republican ending his career. It would be refreshing to see Reps honoring principle over political aspirations.

    I'd also like to see the same from Dems, who looked passed Hillary Clinton's many faults, and helped rig the election over Sanders. Choosing a Wall Street puppet with a history of war- ...[text shortened]... s (like gay marriage) depending on what will make her more popular, help cost Dems the election.
    He needs to step down to make room for all the Dims to impeach Trump.

    That will be the circus for the next 3 years or so that we have to look forward to.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Mar '18 18:151 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I keep hearing this critique of Sanders, but no one really explains why.

    What makes him "too far left" to be president? Kindly name some specifics.
    Er.....um.....a self proclaimed socialist that praises leaders like Castro ring a bell?

    Wakey, wakey.


    And yes, that is our future, Venezuela.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138553
    16 Mar '18 18:23
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I keep hearing this critique of Sanders, but no one really explains why.

    What makes him "too far left" to be president? Kindly name some specifics.
    Bernie has declared himself a democratic socialist on numerous occasions during the 2016 campaign.
    Being from Canada, I see him closely aligned with the Canadian NDP Party.
    Which is Socialist.
    The Canadian Liberal party is more Centrist.
    Similar to Bill Clinton.
    He did a good job on the economy although he had his problems keeping it in his pants.
    Trump has made everyone forget about Bill lately though. 😀
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    16 Mar '18 19:00
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Bernie has declared himself a democratic socialist on numerous occasions during the 2016 campaign.
    Being from Canada, I see him closely aligned with the Canadian NDP Party.
    Which is Socialist.
    The Canadian Liberal party is more Centrist.
    Similar to Bill Clinton.
    He did a good job on the economy although he had his problems keeping it in his pants.
    Trump has made everyone forget about Bill lately though. 😀
    Right. But what specifically makes him "too far left"? Is there any specific policy that puts him too far left? Or does declaring yourself a socialist automatically do that?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Mar '18 19:03
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Right. But what specifically makes him "too far left"? Is there any specific policy that puts him too far left? Or does declaring yourself a socialist automatically do that?
    You tell me, what is too far left?

    How can you have too much of a good thing? 😵
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    16 Mar '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @whodey
    You tell me, what is too far left?

    How can you have too much of a good thing? 😵
    You tell us. For eight years, we had to listen to jackholes like you complain that Obama was a socialist, when he's a mere moderate. I'm guessing that, for you, anyone left of Reagan is too far left.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138553
    16 Mar '18 20:53
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You tell us. For eight years, we had to listen to jackholes like you complain that Obama was a socialist, when he's a mere moderate. I'm guessing that, for you, anyone left of Reagan is too far left.
    Bingo !!
    Under Obama, America was still the most capitalist country in the world.

    From a perspective of someone outside the US.
  15. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22069
    16 Mar '18 21:24
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Bernie is too far left to be President.
    Someone more centrist is needed.

    For the benefit of some of the Patriot groupies filling this forum,
    that means somewhere in the middle. 😀

    This doesn't have to be a choice between Bible punching, picket fence America in the 1950's and erecting a statue of Karl Marx in front of Capitol Hill. 🙄
    Alas....wisdom!
Back to Top