Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    15 Jul '10 15:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by MacSwain Aug. ‘09
    This terrorist has prostate cancer. Perhaps you don't know it is the slowest acting cancer of all? In fact, many men over 60 years of age who are first diagnosed with start of prostate cancer are advised not to bother with treatment because the cancer is so slow acting.

    Before you say it...Yes, I have read doctors have given him 3 months to live, lets wait and see. If he is still around next year it will be the most important hoax ever perpetrated on Scotland.
    ps - There will be celebration in Libya...count on a hero's reception.


    (Reply by DrKF)
    Originally posted by DrKF Aug. ‘09
    Well, whatever might have been said in advance of his repatriation, I don't think you win any prizes whatsoever for prescience in predicting the reception he would receive. I'll grant you that if he's managed to fool several doctors in to believing he has advanced prostate cancer and in fact goes on to live a long and happy life back in Libya, what is at present nothing more than a rather nasty insinuation will make you seem like wise old owl, though. As you say, we shall see.


    Originally posted by MacSwain Aug. ‘09
    Already, Muammar Qaddafi’s promise there would not be a hero’s reception and celebration is shown to be rubbish.

    Wait 89 days and it will be seen if the “going home to die” portion is also rubbish.


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

    Now it is noted, as predicted, the same doctor who gave this murderer of nearly 300 innocents only 3 months to live August last, has now changed his prognosis. He now predicts Al Megrahi to enjoy another 10 wonderful years.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    In addition the other penny seems to have dropped. This report stating BP exerted coercion for Al Megrahi’s release for £900 million in offshore drilling 'quid pro quo' given them by a grateful Libya. a miniscule portion of which could buy a doctors favourable (for Al Megrahi's release) prognosis.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/7892112/BP-admits-lobbying-UK-over-Libya-prisoner-transfer-scheme-but-not-Lockerbie-bomber.html
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    15 Jul '10 15:56
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    [i]Originally posted by MacSwain [b]Aug. ‘09
    This terrorist has prostate cancer. Perhaps you don't know it is the slowest acting cancer of all? In fact, many men over 60 years of age who are first diagnosed with start of prostate cancer are advised not to bother with treatment because the cancer is so slow acting.

    Before you say it...Yes, I have r ...[text shortened]... 2/BP-admits-lobbying-UK-over-Libya-prisoner-transfer-scheme-but-not-Lockerbie-bomber.html[/b]
    Yup; it appears as though you were right.
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jul '10 16:15
    Surely 'why he was released' and 'what really happened to Pan Am Flight 103' are more salient questions than the shenanigans surrounding him going free?
  4. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    15 Jul '10 17:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely 'why he was released' and 'what really happened to Pan Am Flight 103' are more salient questions than the shenanigans surrounding him going free?
    With only a slight aptitude for reading of the written word, contained in public records, you can easily find the answers to both your questions. Both of which, by the way, are redundant.
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jul '10 17:10
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    With only a slight aptitude for reading of the written word, contained in public records, you can easily find the answers to both your questions. Both of which, by the way, are redundant.
    So one wonders why you are fixed on the most tabloid part of this whole affair and seemingly oblivious the geopolitical/historical elephant in the room. Making a belaboured joke about my intelligence is hardly an answer to the larger questions that go begging.
  6. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    15 Jul '10 17:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Making a belaboured joke about my intelligence is hardly an answer to the larger questions that go begging.
    You made the joke in regards to your intelligence with your two "larger" questions. Which are:

    "why he was released" - Any child has read this and now can read the real reason.

    "what really happened to Pan Am Flight 103" - Anyone over the age of 10 years has read of the reason for this crash.
  7. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    15 Jul '10 17:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    So one wonders why you are fixed on the most tabloid part of this whole affair and seemingly oblivious the geopolitical/historical elephant in the room.
    What you dismiss as tabloid is the shameful HOAX perpetrated upon Scotland and moreover the people of the world for what now becomes apparent were most dubious reasons.

    THAT is the elephant in the room. The stench of this deal was apparent from the outset for anyone with an open mind and eyes to see. Light must be shone on this shameful travesty to try to ensure it's not repeated in future.
  8. 15 Jul '10 17:46 / 1 edit
    The issue is that a policy is needed here to deal with prisoners who are in the final stages of a terminal illness. It is clear that releasing them so they can "die at home" with their family is a bad idea. How do prisons in general deal with inmates who are terminally ill? Perhaps, some sort of a hospice-care arrangement could be set up WITHIN the prison system?
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jul '10 18:04
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    What you dismiss as tabloid is the shameful HOAX perpetrated upon Scotland and moreover the people of the world for what now becomes apparent were most dubious reasons.
    It seems as though you are convinced that Al Megrahi was responsible for the Lockerbie bombing.
  10. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    15 Jul '10 18:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    It seems as though you are convinced that Al Megrahi was responsible for the Lockerbie bombing.
    Yes, I am convinced along with the criminal justice system. Of which, here is one notable member:

    Cabinet Secretary for Justice Kenny MacAskill

    “Let me be quite clear on matters on which I am certain. The Scottish police and prosecution service undertook a detailed and comprehensive investigation with the assistance of the US and other authorities. I pay tribute to them for the exceptional manner in which they operated in dealing with both the aftermath of the atrocity and the complexity of a world-wide investigation. They are to be commended for their tenacity and skill. When Mr Al-Megrahi was brought to justice, it was before a Scottish court sitting in the Netherlands. And I pay tribute to our Judges who presided and acted justly.

    Mr Al-Megrahi was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of 270 people. He was given a life sentence and a punishment part of 27 years was fixed. When such an appalling crime is perpetrated it is appropriate that a severe sentence be imposed.

    Mr Al-Megrahi has since withdrawn his appeal against both conviction and sentence. As I have said consistently throughout, that is a matter for him and the courts. That was his decision. My decisions are predicated on the fact that he was properly investigated, a lawful conviction passed and a life sentence imposed.”
  11. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jul '10 18:44
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    Yes, I am convinced along with the criminal justice system.
    I am convinced that something else altogether happened and the real grand hoax is immeasurably bigger than the theory/truth that animates you. However I am willing to don the tin foil hat on this one, for appearances' sake, because I am simply not motivated to dissect and analyze this case again, having already done so a few times over the last decade or so. I recognize and concede that you are convinced and now, decked out voluntarily in the aforementioned tin foil hat, I will leave you alone with your outrage.
  12. 15 Jul '10 23:22
    A 1994 review of David Yallop's Tracking the Jackal: The Search for Carlos, the World's Most Wanted Man suggests that the OPEC kidnappings may have been sponsored by Saddam Hussein, rather than by the PFLP, as has been suggested, or by Libyan leader Muammar Al Qaddafi:


    Although it has long been thought that the armed attack on a Vienna meeting of the oil cartel and the kidnapping of 11 of the oil ministers were conceived and paid for by Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, the book makes a persuasive case that behind it was actually Saddam Hussein, seeking an increase in the price of oil to finance his impending war with Iran.
    Mr. Hussein intended Carlos to use the kidnapping as a pretext to assassinate the Saudi opponents of a price rise, Mr. Yallop says, but the unreliable Carlos sold out his employer, as he so often did, and instead took a $20 million ransom from the Saudi Government (the hostages were in fact released).

    Ah!! Carlos The Jackell,, the first real terrorist. It has been said that Qaddafi was so upset over the Israelis hunting down the Munich murders, that he hired The jackell.
    I say, lets send a few cruise missles his way,, oops forgot we are already up to our neck in a war..... seemed to work before though,,or did it?
  13. 15 Jul '10 23:26
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    Yes, I am convinced along with the criminal justice system. Of which, here is one notable member:

    [b]Cabinet Secretary for Justice Kenny MacAskill


    “Let me be quite clear on matters on which I am certain. The Scottish police and prosecution service undertook a detailed and comprehensive investigation with the assistance of the US and other authorit ...[text shortened]... fact that he was properly investigated, a lawful conviction passed and a life sentence imposed.”[/b]
    Yes, I agree with you..... have we let the Uni-bomber out ( Kyzinsky ) or Charles Manson? Not on your life, yet this guy killed 270 people,, it's a slap in the face of the entire world.
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jul '10 23:41 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Yes, I agree with you..... have we let the Uni-bomber out ( Kyzinsky ) or Charles Manson? Not on your life, yet this guy killed 270 people,, it's a slap in the face of the entire world.
    As a matter of interest, which major terrorist atrocity do you reckon Iran perpetrated in revenge for the shooting down of Iran Air's scheduled Flight 655 by the U.S. as it flew along a standard flightpath over the Strait of Hormuz in July 1988? Almost 300 people, most of whom were Iranians, were killed. When in 1988 or 1989 did the Iranians exact their specific revenge for this do you think?
  15. 17 Jul '10 00:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    As a matter of interest, which major terrorist atrocity do you reckon Iran perpetrated in revenge for the shooting down of Iran Air's scheduled Flight 655 by the U.S. as it flew along a standard flightpath over the Strait of Hormuz in July 1988? Almost 300 people, most of whom were Iranians, were killed. When in 1988 or 1989 did the Iranians exact their specific revenge for this do you think?
    Good point, I'll have to look at that....