1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 02:101 edit
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-raises-party-cash-gwyneth-paltrows-home-012550379.html

Gwenyth Paltrow held a fund raiser for President Obama, I guess to try and salvage what she can after one and a half terms of Obama.

At the fund raiser, she said, "It would be wonderful if we were able to give this man all of the power that he needs to pass the things that he needs to pass,"

Does anyone else agree? Should we give Obama absolute power?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 16:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"

No human is able to yield ansolute pwoer untaintdly. So the answer is no.

BUt I think there were persons who were worse in using thier power than Obama is, though I am nozt exactly a fan of him.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 12:32
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"

No human is able to yield ansolute pwoer untaintdly. So the answer is no.

BUt I think there were persons who were worse in using thier power than Obama is, though I am nozt exactly a fan of him.
    Over the years, progressives have given the President more and more power. Men like President Wilson disdained the checks and balances of power, because he wanted to "get things done".

This has been the push of progressivism since day one. I think they all would favor a dictator over a balanced government.
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 16:32
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-raises-party-cash-gwyneth-paltrows-home-012550379.html

Gwenyth Paltrow held a fund raiser for President Obama, I guess to try and salvage what she can after one and a half terms of Obama.

At the fund raiser, she said, "It would be wonderful if we were able to give this man all of the power that he needs to pass the things that he needs to pass,"

Whodey, this fund raiser has nothing to do with giving Obama "absolute power" and you know it. You're twisting the facts here. Conservatives and Liberals have been holding fund raisers for their choosen political leaders for decades, and they were not intended to give anyone "absolute power" 😏
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 00:54
    Whodey, this fund raiser has nothing to do with giving Obama "absolute power" and you know it.

Which is why Whodey didn't say it was, only you said it was.

Set up straw man, knock it down. Rinse and repeat.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 00:57
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]Whodey, this fund raiser has nothing to do with giving Obama "absolute power" and you know it.

Which is why Whodey didn't say it was, only you said it was.

Set up straw man, knock it down. Rinse and repeat.[/b]
    They know better, it's just that they have nothing else to say.

I mean, how do you defend people who say that all power should be given to Obama?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 00:591 edit

I mean, how do you defend people who say that all power should be given to Obama?
    Easy, by telling you that the person saying it is just smarter than you.

You know, the same way they try to tell us that we should not question the CDC and trust them that Ebola will never be an issue and simply let anyone enter our country.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 01:05
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Easy, by telling you that the person saying it is just smarter than you.
    Well I am unenlightened.

I don't understand how increasing massive debt helps the economy. I have no idea why you would isolate people in the US with Ebola, but then let them travel to the US on planes when they feel like it. Why would you attempt to arm ISIS to fight Assad and then turn around and attack them? Hell, I don't even know the last 7 of the 57 states, let alone their capitals.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Oct '14 00:51

They shouldn't be defended, but instead treated with disdain. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree