1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 19:24
    Hate Hoax: Student Charged for Claiming Rock Attack by Trump Fans

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/11/21/hate-hoax-student-charged-claiming-rock-attack-trump-fans/

Makes you wonder how many of these stories were fake....
  2. RSA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 19:29
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Hate Hoax: Student Charged for Claiming Rock Attack by Trump Fans

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/11/21/hate-hoax-student-charged-claiming-rock-attack-trump-fans/

Makes you wonder how many of these stories were fake....
    The fault with this is that it is written by breitbart news.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 19:47
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    Do you prefer cnn?
  4. RSA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:04
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do you prefer cnn?
    No, I prefer news with no political preference, neither left nor right. That way I can take facts and form my own opinions independent of anyone else's views. I don't dislike breitbart for its right wing views, I dislike it for the simple virtue that it has a political alignment at all, as I feel this hinders my ability to make my own judgements.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:10
    No, I prefer news with no political preference, neither left nor right. That way I can take facts and form my own opinions independent of anyone else's views. I don't dislike breitbart for its right wing views, I dislike it for the simple virtue that it has a political alignment at all, as I feel this hinders my ability to make my own judgements.
    No such thing news without political agenda.
  6. RSA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:14
    No such thing news without political agenda.
    That may be true, but there are papers that come close. Breitbart certainly isn't one of them, as it is visibly far from the centre.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:20
    That may be true, but there are papers that come close. Breitbart certainly isn't one of them, as it is visibly far from the centre.
    Maybe a local paper but nothing large. They are all bought and paid for propaganda sevices.

I ask again what would be a good source? The bbc lol?
  8. RSA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:52
    Maybe a local paper but nothing large. They are all bought and paid for propaganda sevices.

I ask again what would be a good source? The bbc lol?
    The bbc is quite liberal I think, but I'm not sure. I read all sorts of newspapers with bias because I'm addicted to news, but I have become adept at spotting it. I just don't let it rile me up or make a judgement based on that site only. just balance is key.
  9. RSA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:551 edit
    The bbc is quite liberal I think, but I'm not sure. I read all sorts of newspapers with bias because I'm addicted to news, but I have become adept at spotting it. I just don't let it rile me up or make a judgement based on that site only. just balance is key.
    My point is just avoid sites with really obvious biases or at least take it with a pinch of salt if you can't resist reading it like me.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:58
    My point is just avoid sites with really obvious biases or at least take it with a pinch of salt if you can't resist reading it like me.
    There is one other site that is running the story but it is right wing too.

Good luck discerning truth from propaganda from nothing but propaganda.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:59
    Who bought and paid for The Associated Press?
  12. RSA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 21:00
    There is one other site that is running the story but it is right wing too.

Good luck discerning truth from propaganda from nothing but propaganda.
    If you read all of it rather just one you'll get a pretty true image. Both sides of the story = balance. Just one = biased.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Who bought and paid for The Associated Press?
    Michael Bloomberg, Rupert Murdoch, Donald and Samuel Newhouse, Cox family, Jeff Bezos, John Henry and 9 or so other billionaires. The Saudis have pretty large investments in US news companies.

Thompson fsmily own majority shares in over half of US news outlets.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 21:11
    If you read all of it rather just one you'll get a pretty true image. Both sides of the story = balance. Just one = biased.
    Both sides when one side hides the story?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 21:17
    Student Charged for Claiming Rock Attack by Trump Fans
    http://www.amren.com/news/2016/11/hate-hoax-student-charged-for-claiming-rock-attack-by-trump-fans/

https://www.zerocensorship.com/uncensored/black/university-student-charged-claiming-rock-attack-donald-trump-fans-360814

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/content/hate-hoax-student-charged-claiming-rock-attack-trump-fans

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/BG-police-say-student-lied-about-politically-driven-attack-401814426.html

How many more site do you want?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree