1. Standard memberMacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    Taggart Comet
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 15:26
    America just spent $20,000,000 to move members/supporters of Hamas, a terrorist organization, to the United States; housing, food, the whole enchilada.

HB 1388 PASSED

Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, it would seem everyone in the US would know about this bill in advance. There important, and insightful, actions being taken which are "lost" behing the blinding screen of “bail-outs” and "stimulation" packages.

Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed, unbeknownst to the public. You may want to read about it... It wasn' t mentioned on the news... Just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA . This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza .

The "presidential determination," which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States , was signed and appears in the Federal Register.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Now it’s learned that he is allowing thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself: www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 15:322 edits
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    America just spent $20,000,000 to move members/supporters of Hamas, a terrorist organization, to the United States; housing, food, the whole enchilada.

HB 1388 PASSED

Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, it would seem everyone in the US would know about this bill in advance. There important, and insightful, actions being taken which are "lost" behi tful? To verify this for yourself: www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488
    How was Barack Obama able to make absolutely sure that all the migrants were "Hamas Refugees" and "Hamas Supporters"? Were they vetted? And how is it that the Palestinian parliamentary election in Gaza in January 2006 was not a secret ballot? Surely THAT would have been news? So was "H.R. 1388" an Executive Order or was it "passed"? Claiming it was both undermines your OP a bit. As does the fact that the words "Palestinians", "Hamas", "refugees", "migrate" or "housing" do not appear in H.R. 1388. Furthermore, the site you linked to seems to be bogus: "E9-2488" does not exist. And the "Presidential Determination No. 2009-15 of January 27, 2009" it purports to reproduce is a fairly well known internet hoax.
  3. Standard memberMacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    Taggart Comet
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 17:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    How was Barack Obama able to make absolutely sure that all the migrants were "Hamas Refugees" and "Hamas Supporters"? Were they vetted? And how is it that the Palestinian parliamentary election in Gaza in January 2006 was not a secret ballot? Surely THAT would have been news? So was "H.R. 1388" an Executive Order or was it "passed"? Claiming it was both undermin y 27, 2009" it purports to reproduce is a fairly well known internet hoax.
    You are correct. I received this information from a normally reliable source. In this case, however, H.R. 1388, aka "H.B. 1388", which was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama in 2009, did not allocate taxpayer funds to resettle Hamas refugees in the United States.

While it is true that in January 2009 President Obama signed a memorandum to the State Dept. (not an executive order, but comparable to one) authorizing $20.3 million in humanitarian aid to Palestinian refugees in Gaza. However, the memorandum did not order, request, or even propose the resettlement of said refugees in the United States.

My apologies for not first exercising due diligence in this case. 😳
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 17:59
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    You are correct. I received this information from a normally reliable source. In this case, however, H.R. 1388, aka "H.B. 1388", which was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama in 2009, did not allocate taxpayer funds to resettle Hamas refugees in the United States.

While it is true that in January 2009 President Obama signed a mem ...[text shortened]... in the United States.

My apologies for not first exercising due diligence in this case. 😳
    As a general principle, any site that purports to be an official document register of some kind that doesn't end in ".gov" is inherently somewhat suspect.
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 18:23
    MacSwain had best fire up the virus checker.
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 18:45
    Yeah, that's why I like to Google stuff that's intended to incite passions: http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/barackobama/a/hr_1388_hamas_resettlement.htm Kind of late for an email hoax from 2009. Maybe it got lost in the mail.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 21:01
    It's okay, McSwain. I'm sure Obama would have authorized such a bill if it had actually existed, and for that, he deserves criticism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree