1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 00:51
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    You still don't see the difference? Don't you make claims to be in the teaching profession?

All those things I mentioned are what people do to themselves.
    No, neither the Founding Fathers nor I can or could see the difference.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 00:52
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    No, neither the Founding Fathers nor I can or could see the difference.
    Or the other Natural Rights theorists from Islam and Ancient Greece through John Locke.

Only Ayn Rand disagreed with them.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 00:54
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Or the other Natural Rights theorists from Islam and Ancient Greece through John Locke.

Only Ayn Rand disagreed with them.
    Haha, replying to yourself, you're frothing, take a breath or you'll blow the foofoo valve.
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:52
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Let em smoke, let em drink and do drugs, let em ride their bicycles without helmets, just don't expect me to pay for it when it goes wrong.
    But you already do. Wouldn't you like a cheaper rate with your money better spent? Freedom is not free. Nothing is. You can tell me all day you are unwilling to do your part but the fact that some go beyond what they have to do is probably the only reason you can sit on your haunches and puff out your chest with undeserved indignation. If you don't want to be a part our little republic I offered you a destination.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 02:22
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    If you don't want to be a part our little republic I offered you a destination.
    I'm happy to pull my part, but not yours.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 03:10
    Theoretically I have no problem with smokers paying more. If we are charging them more then how much information will you volunteer so we can determine whether you are doing something that increases your risk? Should fast drivers pay more? Should we be able to test you for drugs, steroids, or monitor your alcohol consumption? How about your risky sex lif ...[text shortened]... ry - your DNA? Where does it end? Who ensures that the answers are honest - guvmint boorackasee?
    No, you need to outlaw smoking like they want to outlaw not having medical insurance. As a penalty you pay the same fine.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 03:17
    So - since if you've been listening you know you will pay anyway - how about just resigning yourself to covering a little sin that you are not personally guilty of and spread the risk evenly among everyone. I would rather pay less up front than more later. I would rather see the authorities write speeding tickets than live where the highways are unmonitored.
    You still don't get it do you? The subject is keeping health care costs down. As a result, we are told that everyone must own health care to keep the costs down so that the healthy pay for the unhealthy. Likewise, when discussing smokers we are talking about reducing health care costs. The only difference being we are penalizing those who are driving up health care costs instead of penalizing the "innocent" who do not. I find the that those on the left have an inability and/or unwillingness to insist people be accountable for their own actions and defer to others to make up the difference is both perturbing and perplexing.
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 04:191 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    You still don't get it do you? The subject is keeping health care costs down. As a result, we are told that everyone must own health care to keep the costs down so that the healthy pay for the unhealthy. Likewise, when discussing smokers we are talking about reducing health care costs. The only difference being we are penalizing those who are driving up h own actions and defer to others to make up the difference is both perturbing and perplexing.
    No! I want everyone held accountable. You and I have a difference of opinion on who we are willing to be responsible for. My father spent 30 years in the US Army and died before I reached adulthood because he believed it was important to shoulder his part. Your part is what little you can get away with - my family's part has been whatever we had to do to keep this country together because we all count. It is your lack of responsibility that is dragging this country into a ditch. For 30 years I listened people like you whine while the whole country went to heck. What do you think will be left for you when your kind has finished destroying this country? When you're poisoned by your food. When the bridge drops under you. When there are no jobs left even for those who lack principles. Who's going to be responsible then?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 05:14
    . It is your lack of responsibility that is dragging this country into a ditch.
    So tax paying citizens who don't break the laws of the land and actually pay their taxes unlike many in Washington are the ones dragging this country into a ditch? It seems to me that if it were not for people like me the entitlement crowd would have no one to leach off of. In addition, you seem to assume that just because I don't favor Big Brother in the mix that I don't give to the poor and do my part in society. The biggest difference between you and I is that I respect private property.....that is the private property of those not making the laws. If you don't so be it.
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 19:181 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    So tax paying citizens who don't break the laws of the land and actually pay their taxes unlike many in Washington are the ones dragging this country into a ditch? It seems to me that if it were not for people like me the entitlement crowd would have no one to leach off of. In addition, you seem to assume that just because I don't favor Big Brother in the perty.....that is the private property of those not making the laws. If you don't so be it.
    Simple. Just make sure the IRS does a better job enforcing the tax laws for anyone in Washington's "entitlement crowd" that's refusing to pay their fair share.
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 01:43
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    We already impose a penalty on smokers via a tax on tobacco products. Perhaps we could raise these taxes further and use the money to help defray insurance costs for everyone else. The same could be done for alcohol and "junk food" that contribute to making people more likely to get sick. Would you be willing to support such measures?
    yes I would
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 01:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree