Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 02:352 edits
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/no-virginia-democrats-dont-support-infanticide.html

"Google Virginia delegate Kathy Tran, and you might think she’s a monster.
    Right-wing websites dominate the results, and they all riff on a common
    theme: the freshman Democratic lawmaker is down with infanticide,
    and so is the state’s Democratic governor, Ralph Northam."

"Tran did introduce a bill that would have loosened several restrictions
    on access to late-term abortion. And in a clip circulated by the Virginia GOP,
    Tran does appear to suggest that the bill would permit abortions
    up until the point of birth. “My bill would allow that, yes,” she said
    in response to House Majority Leader Todd Gilbert, a Republican.
    Gilbert had asked the lawmaker if her bill would allow a woman
    who’d *received medical approval for a late-term abortion* to
    under the (sic) go procedure as she’s dilating ... Northam, who is a
    physician, went on to note that third-term abortions are performed
    for medical reasons or because a fetus isn’t viable. But as the Washington Post
    reported earlier on Wednesday, Republicans condemned the governor
    for his remarks anyway."

"Tran’s bill wasn’t as salacious as its detractors insist. It would have
    reduced the number of doctors required to sign off on a third-term
    abortion from three to one, and it would have allowed that physician
    to approve a late-term abortion for any medical reason, including
    harm to a woman’s mental health. This provision would have altered
    the state’s existing statute, which currently allows a team of three
    physicians to approve third-term abortions for women whose health
    would be “substantially and irredeemably” harmed by continuing
    their pregnancies. The bill would have also allowed second-term abortions
    to be performed outside licensed hospitals, in facilities like clinics.
    A House subcommittee rejected the bill, but if it had become law it
    would not have licensed Virginia physicians to perform abortions as
    a fetus enters the birth canal. Tran’s bill resembles New York’s
    Reproductive Health Act in that it expands access to later-term abortions,
    but partial-birth abortion, or “born-alive abortion,” as GOP chairwoman
    Ronna McDaniel called in a tweet, is already illegal. RHA didn’t
    legalize it, and neither would Tran’s bill."

"Tran has wandered into a familiar fever swamp. The idea that abortion
    providers tear apart full-term, viable babies about to breathe has
    animated the far right for a long time. It’s the stuff of pulp fiction,
    and the myth bears little resemblance to reality. In the U.S., most
    abortions are performed early in the first trimester. Second-term
    are rare and third term abortions are rarest of all, representing around
    one percent of all abortion performed in the U.S. Later abortions are
    usually performed because a woman’s health is at risk, or because
    of fetal non-viability. Nobody gets a third-term abortion for the hell of it.
    It’s an invasive, costly and sometimes physically painful process,
    and women who need these procedures are usually in emotional
    distress over the loss of a wanted pregnancy."

To sum up, the right-wing 'pro-life' propaganda machine has again
    shamelessly distorted or lied about Kathy Tran's proposed legislation.
  2. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 04:09
    @duchess64 said
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/no-virginia-democrats-dont-support-infanticide.html

" ...[text shortened]... propaganda machine has again
    Boy, thanks, Duchess. A lot of stuff there, but, bottom line, does this mean that babies will be allowed to live? I’m not talking about the mothers, who chose to get pregnant,,,I’m asking about the babies. When all of their organs are developed, and the world awaits them, will they escape death? It’s all so confusing, as you say Tran lady has distorted something. And I’m curious, what is the underlying agenda of all this? Why was it even a concept for Tran’s office to spend time on?
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 01:04
    @averagejoe1 said
    Boy, thanks, Duchess. A lot of stuff there, but, bottom line, does this mean that babies will be allowed to live? I’m not talking about the mothers, who chose to get pregnant,,,I’m asking about the babies. When all of their organs are developed, and the world awaits them, will they escape death? It’s all so confusing, as you say Tran lady has distorted something. And I’ ...[text shortened]... is the underlying agenda of all this? Why was it even a concept for Tran’s office to spend time on?
    The misogynistic troll Averagejoe1 seems busy lying in other threads about Kathy Tran
    and her proposed legislation in Virginia.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 22:30
    @duchess64 said

" ...[text shortened]... propaganda machine has again
    "To sum up, the right-wing 'pro-life' propaganda machine has again
    shamelessly distorted or lied about Kathy Tran's proposed legislation."
    --Duchess64

Some right-wing trolls here (like Whodey) keep lying about the proposed legislation in Virginia.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 00:17
    @averagejoe1 said
    Boy, thanks, Duchess. A lot of stuff there, but, bottom line, does this mean that babies will be allowed to live? I’m not talking about the mothers, who chose to get pregnant,,,I’m asking about the babies. When all of their organs are developed, and the world awaits them, will they escape death? It’s all so confusing, as you say Tran lady has distorted something. And I’ ...[text shortened]... is the underlying agenda of all this? Why was it even a concept for Tran’s office to spend time on?
    Listen, just because they harvest their organs does not mean they are human in need of protection.

And just because medically death is when the heart stops beating there is no correlation to life beginning when the heart starts beating.

Got it?

Nothing to see here! Progressives can be trusted.

Mwhahahaha!!!
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 00:25
    @duchess64 said
    "To sum up, the right-wing 'pro-life' propaganda machine has again
    shamelessly distorted or lied about Kathy Tran's proposed legislation."
    --Duchess64

Some right-wing trolls here (like Whodey) keep lying about the proposed legislation in Virginia.
    Remove restrictions on abortions, and protect caterpillars Kathy Tran.
    To sum up I do believe her priorities are a little misplaced.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 00:35
    @kellyjay said
    Remove restrictions on abortions, and protect caterpillars Kathy Tran.
    To sum up I do believe her priorities are a little misplaced.
    Harm an eagle's egg and you could face paying hundreds of thousand of dollars in fines.

Harm a fetus and Dims cheer and applaud.

Shows us the life they value and the life they don't.
  8. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 00:57
    @whodey said
    Harm an eagle's egg and you could face paying hundreds of thousand of dollars in fines.

Harm a fetus and Dims cheer and applaud.

Shows us the life they value and the life they don't.
    Again, more lies from liar BOY!!! LOL, what an idiot, lol
  9. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 01:1011 edits
    @whodey said
    Listen, just because they harvest their organs does not mean they are human in need of protection.

And just because medically death is when the heart stops beating there is no correlation to life beginning when the heart starts beating.

Got it?

Nothing to see here! Progressives can be trusted.

Mwhahahaha!!!
    Really? so tell me, why do they remove people from life support machines when their bodies still have a heartbeat? That's because their DEAD dumb ass with NO LIFE in their bodies. Get a clue fool. A heart beat does not determine life.
    So tell us, when you eat eggs, are you eating chickens, or eggs, or innocent unborn baby chicks? You and your ilk have to say you're eating innocent little unborn baby chicks or you're a lying hypocrite; which we all know you and your ilk already are.
    When squirrels eat acorn nuts, are they eating acorn nuts, or murdering baby acorn trees, or eating innocent little unborn baby acorn trees??? lol, Mwhahahaha!!!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 04:48
    @kingdavid403 said
    My post was factual. To harm an eagles egg will incur hefty fines, and the dims in New York applauded a similar abortion bill.

Surely you have more to do then run around all day calling people liars and idiots.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 04:52
    @kingdavid403 said
    Really? so tell me, why do they remove people from life support machines when their bodies still have a heartbeat? That's because their DEAD dumb ass with NO LIFE in their bodies. Get a clue fool. A heart beat does not det ...[text shortened]... murdering baby acorn trees, or eating innocent little unborn baby acorn trees??? lol, Mwhahahaha!!!
    When assessing for death a health care professional assess for a pulse.

Now if they are on a ventilator, for example, and they have a heart beat they may assess for brain death. If there is, then they may choose to let them die on their own.

How many unborn babies fit the brain dead scenario?

Also, is eating a chicken murder? I don't see any logic in your attacks, but then, I rarely do.
  12. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 05:24
    @whodey said
    When assessing for death a health care professional assess for a pulse.

Now if they are on a ventilator, for example, and they have a heart beat they may assess for brain death. If there is, then they may choose to let them die on their own.

How many unborn babies fit the brain dead scenario?

Also, is eating a chicken murder? I don't see any logic in your attacks, but then, I rarely do.
    Abortion is not murder in any way either. Maybe you should read the LAW and Bible again.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 11:23
    @kingdavid403 said
    What lie did he just say, while in the Navy when I was stationed in a place where there were hundreds of eagles, we couldn't even have a feather least we get fined. Now up to birth a human baby can be killed, you blind?
  14. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 12:446 edits
    @kellyjay said
    What lie did he just say, while in the Navy when I was stationed in a place where there were hundreds of eagles, we couldn't even have a feather least we get fined. Now up to birth a human baby can be killed, you blind?
    You clearly are the blind one. First off, a human baby or fetus CANNOT be killed up to birth or past the second trimester without good cause; that's the LAW. Only to save the life of the mother, or there are severe deformities in the fetus. This is not just now; this law has been in effect since thousands of years before Christ came to earth. The abortion debate has gone on for thousands of years. Around 340 BC the Greeks had this debate and the conclusion by Plato and others was that abortion was permissible up until the "quickening" (112 days or when the fetus begins to move). It has always been permissible up to birth when the life of the mother is in danger, or when it is known that the fetus will be deformed at birth. In all of European Christendom, when the Catholic church ruled all of Europe from about 400 AD to around 1600 AD; abortion was legal in all of western Europe up until the "quickening" or when the life of the mother was in danger; this according to the western church. The eastern church in Constantinople did not agree with abortion unless the life of the mother was in danger etc. The eastern church and western church did not get along much. Now, the eastern church (Russia etc), they allow abortion in the first trimester of pregnancy; and, when the life of the mother is in danger etc. Russia has three times the abortions that America has every year with 75 million less people. Abortion has ALWAYS been legal when the life of the mother is in danger, or when it is know that the fetus has severe deformities. Maybe you should study up on abortion oh blind one before opening your big mouth dumb ass. Why do you think Israel has more liberal laws on abortion than America does? That's because they know abortion is not MURDER according to God. DUH!
  15. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 13:372 edits
    @whodey said
    My post was factual. To harm an eagles egg will incur hefty fines, and the dims in New York applauded a similar abortion bill.

Surely you have more to do then run around all day calling people liars and idiots.
    To harm an eagles egg will incur hefty fines,
    That's because Eagles almost became extinct do to the DDT pesticide. Back in the 60s and 70s in my youth and early adult years you never saw an eagle. Now they are everywhere thanks to liberals.
    LOL, and surely you should have more to do than running around calling people murderers and baby killers all day that follow the LAW and have never murdered anyone. Man what a dumb ass. LOL They really need to make a law against worthless false slanderers as you.