Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    07 Apr '10 07:35
    Who among you does this describe? Speak up, don't be afraid.

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-03-30/wingnuts-excerptmdashthe-hatriots-armed-and-dangerous/
  2. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    07 Apr '10 07:39
    I'm sure some would like to nuke Inglewood.
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    07 Apr '10 11:59
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-03-30/wingnuts-excerptmdashthe-hatriots-armed-and-dangerous/
    “Obama should be tried for treason.”

    I read this - or words to this effect - on freerepublic.com very often.

    Treason?

    It's baffling. What would be the actual details of such a charge?
  4. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    07 Apr '10 12:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    What would be the actual details of such a charge?
    Blackness.
  5. 07 Apr '10 12:31
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Blackness.
    I have said many times that there is no hope for American until we treat the Republican party as what it is: a criminal conspiracy. Reagan and elder Bush committed treason and walked clear. The Shrub used the Constitution as toilet paper and walked clear. They'll do it again - the first chance they get.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Apr '10 12:44
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I have said many times that there is no hope for American until we treat the Republican party as what it is: a criminal conspiracy. Reagan and elder Bush committed treason and walked clear. The Shrub used the Constitution as toilet paper and walked clear. They'll do it again - the first chance they get.
    Thanks for demonstrating the perfect example of the wingnut mentality.
  7. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    07 Apr '10 13:30
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Who among you does this describe? Speak up, don't be afraid.

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-03-30/wingnuts-excerptmdashthe-hatriots-armed-and-dangerous/
    From the article I highlighted the bits I particularly resonate with. Who would have thought. I'm part of the fright wing, a proto wingnut hatetriot

    The Oath Keeper–affiliated Nevada deli owner Billy Glassberg describes Alex Jones as his “hero”: “He stands for the Constitution, for America and sovereignty. Regardless of whether you want to know something or not, you’ve got to investigate the truth. There’s no more right and there’s no more left. It’s all about Americans and Globalists. That’s it. And it was Globalists behind 9/11.”

    His diner, Brooklyn Billy’s, stands less than a mile from the Las Vegas Strip in sight of the Mandalay Bay Casino in the corner of an office park. Next to the sign in the window that boasts “the best pastrami west of New York” another reads “free speech zone.” On the walls are posters of Robert De Niro as Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver and Al Pacino in Scarface bearing the slogan “Who I trust? I trust me.” Framed on the opposite wall is a yellowing New York Daily News cover dated November 23, 1963. The headline blares “President Shot Dead.” On the glass of the frame, Billy has written, “Killed by the N.W.O.”—i.e., the New World Order. Billy is friendly, unassuming. His mother works the register while he makes the sandwiches in back, listening to Alex Jones’s radio show blaring out of the speakers.

    Billy believes that “Obama should be tried for treason.” But it’s not personal. “He’s a puppet in the New World Order. He picked up the ball where Bush left it. . . . As far as the Republican and Democratic Party, Parties, it’s two sides of the same coin. They’re all owned by the same bankers, whether it’s the Rothschilds or the Morgans or the Rockefellers. . . . They put a black face on the New World Order because they know things are getting intense. They know people are starting to figure it out.”

    Like Alex Jones, Billy believes that 9/11 was an inside job. He says the planes hitting the towers were “remote controlled.” What happened to the people on the planes, I ask. “What they do in black operations is incredible,” Billy said. “I couldn’t tell you what happened to the people on the planes.” It wasn’t bin Laden—“Al-Qaeda was formed by the CIA under the Carter Administration,” he says.
  8. 07 Apr '10 15:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    “Obama should be tried for treason.”

    I read this - or words to this effect - on freerepublic.com very often.

    Treason?

    It's baffling. What would be the actual details of such a charge?
    I thought that they were saying this about "W"? Oh that's right, they both should be tried for treason. OK, I'm game, how about everyone else?
  9. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Apr '10 15:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by kmax87
    From the article I highlighted the bits I particularly resonate with.
    That sounds exactly like uzless.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    07 Apr '10 15:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    [Obama and Bush] both should be tried for treason.
    On what grounds? What would be the nuts and bolts of the charges? For Obama, for instance?
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Apr '10 15:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    On what grounds? What would be the nuts and bolts of the charges? For Obama, for instance?
    He got all 4 Final Four picks wrong.

    If that's not treason, then pray tell, what is?
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    07 Apr '10 17:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    If that's not treason, then pray tell, what is?
    Appearing to be someone whom one could imagine might think Fred Merkle played with the Indianapolis Clowns?
  13. 07 Apr '10 17:51
    Originally posted by kmax87
    From the article I highlighted the bits I particularly resonate with. Who would have thought. I'm part of the fright wing, a proto wingnut hatetriot

    The Oath Keeper–affiliated Nevada deli owner Billy Glassberg describes Alex Jones as his “hero”: “He stands for the Constitution, for America and sovereignty. Regardless of whether you want to know som ...[text shortened]... ’t bin Laden—“Al-Qaeda was formed by the CIA under the Carter Administration,” he says.
    the cool thing about tinfoil is that you can form it into any shape you want and no matter what shape you choose, it's equally shiny.
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Apr '10 18:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Appearing to be someone whom one could imagine might think Fred Merkle played with the Indianapolis Clowns?
    Ah, I get it...

    Bonehead...

    team of clowns...





    I think.