1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 14:26
    Below is a YouTube video containing the interview where Republicans allege Hillary laughed about defending a rapist. Below is a YouTube video of the interview, where the audio is transcribed. It's only six minutes long:

YouTube

Points of contention: First of all, no where does Hillary laugh at the rape, or at defending a rapist. She does laugh at certain details of the case, but not in any way that downplays the seriousness of the situation like Republicans allege. The video is right above, and I challenge anyone who thinks I'm wrong to show where in the interview (give the minute and second mark) they think I'm incorrect at.

Second point: that Hillary ordering a polygraph for the 12 yr old.

a) This is true; however, the polygraph never took place. The court denied the request.

b) The alleged victim has since changed her story multiple times about the account, including a long detailed account of how horrible taking the polygraph was for her, not understanding questions, and the process being "hell". Again, the polygraph *never* took place (An article from the Washington Post below, contains the court documents where the judge denied the motion for a polygraph).

c) The alleged victim (Kathy Shelton) has used this incident to raise $10,000 through a GoFundMe account; ever since the Washington Post obtained the court documents showing this never took place.

d) Shelton changed other accounts of the rape charge (as an adult) apart from the polygraph. She told Sean Hannity that she was snatched off of her bicycle; the original account on her GoFundMe was that she was lured in to a vehicle with the promise of a soda.

e) Shelton alleges that she was in a coma for the next four days; a rather major claim that isn't reflected in any court documents, even though there is mention of her being seen by doctors.

Conclusion: Yes, Hillary ordered a polygraph, claiming that Shelton has a history of false allegations. Though Hillary didn't cite why, Shelton's actions since are consistent with Hillary's claims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/11/the-facts-about-hillary-clinton-and-the-kathy-shelton-rape-case/
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:12
    Originally posted by vivify
    Below is a YouTube video containing the interview where Republicans allege Hillary laughed about defending a rapist. Below is a YouTube video of the interview, where the audio is transcribed. It's only six minutes long:

[youtube]e2f13f2awK4[/youtube]

Points of contention: First of all, no where does Hillary laugh at the rape, or at defending a rapist. ...[text shortened]... news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/11/the-facts-about-hillary-clinton-and-the-kathy-shelton-rape-case/
    I'll limit my response to one of the several times Clinton laughs (or chuckles) while discussing this case.
    Before that, however, let's just stop and consider if it seems appropriate for a casual, lighthearted approach in this situation--- even now several decades later.
    Rape of a 12 year old is, by my standards, nothing to take lightly.
    Equally reprehensible is to be falsely accused of such.
    Levity at either prospect?
    Sure: if you're a sociopath I suppose you could find some mirth in the scenarios.

But let's get to the salient laughter of Clinton.
    At the 2:00 mark, Clinton discusses how she had her client take--- and pass--- a polygraph.
    His success, she laughs, she chuckles, forever destroyed her trust in polygraphs.
    Ha-Ha!
    That's a good one, right people?

WTAF.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:23
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    At the 2:00 mark, Clinton discusses how she had her client take--- and pass--- a polygraph.
    His success, she laughs, she chuckles, forever destroyed her trust in polygraphs.
    Ha-Ha!
    That's a good one, right people?

WTAF.
    What exactly was inappropriate about what you selected? Be specific.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:22
    What exactly was inappropriate about what you selected? Be specific.
    Did you watch the video that you posted?
    She is laughing at the fact that his passing of the test eroded her confidence in polygraph tests, i.e., she knew he was guilty.
    And she's laughing.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:34
    Trump admits to grabbing pussy, boasting about it and is constantly derogatory towards women...

I'm sure Hillary isn't a role-model for beautiful communists, but she can jardly be attacked for her stance towards women.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:50
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Trump admits to grabbing pussy, boasting about it and is constantly derogatory towards women...

I'm sure Hillary isn't a role-model for beautiful communists, but she can jardly be attacked for her stance towards women.
    Actually, she can and ought to be condemned for her stance toward women.
    She clearly has aided and abetted an accused rapist and acknowledged sexual predator--- which is one thing, were she simply silently 'suffering' as a loyal wife despite his serial offenses.
    It is quite another altogether, however, for her to attack the women involved.
    A 12 year old girl did not receive justice on account of inept prosecution and record keeping... Hilary laughs.
    Scads of women over four decades--- as well as many corroborating male witnesses--- claim the familiar story about Bill,,, Hilary attacks them, denies them justice as well.

She is by no means a feminist, either (not that being such is actually a support of women, by any means), and her support for Planned Parenthood is superficial at best.
    During the debates, she claimed to support PP on account of their 'many' healthful benefits, including cancer screening... which they don't do.
    She is a friend to who ever can get her where she wants to go.
    Barry Soetoro, aka Barack Hussein Obama had it exactly right:
    She'll say anything to get elected, and then do nothing.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:18
    Actually, she can and ought to be condemned for her stance toward women.
    She clearly has aided and abetted an accused rapist and acknowledged sexual predator--- which is one thing, were she simply silently 'suffering' as a loyal wife despite his serial offenses.
    It is quite another altogether, however, for her to attack the women involved.
    A 12 year old ...[text shortened]... ck Hussein Obama had it exactly right:
    She'll say anything to get elected, and then do nothing.
    Again: proof... court case.... etc.

It's in your bloody mind, man.
    I heard Trump boast and admit to pussy grabbing.
    Heard him with my own ears!

And even then... EVEN THEN... until he's actually been convicted, he's not a criminal.

Yes, I joke about it... but that's because the man is an embarrassment to evolution.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:555 edits
    Did you watch the video that you posted?
    She is laughing at the fact that his passing of the test eroded her confidence in polygraph tests, i.e., she knew he was guilty.
    And she's laughing.
    Did you become deaf and illiterate during the much longer part where she explained how the evidence was mishandled? Or how someone else mentioned she travelled all the way to New York to stop a "miscarriage of justice" brought on by the mishandling?

This is the exact reason why I posted the video: your brand of cherry-picking is easily and quickly refuted.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:55
    Again: proof... court case.... etc.

It's in your bloody mind, man.
    I heard Trump boast and admit to pussy grabbing.
    Heard him with my own ears!

And even then... EVEN THEN... until he's actually been convicted, he's not a criminal.

Yes, I joke about it... but that's because the man is an embarrassment to evolution.
    Court cases?
    He settled out of court for $850,000 with a woman who accused him of (surprise! sexual harassment)... which was $150,000 more than she asked for, on a case that had been previously dismissed.
    Huh.
    A feller with his considerable war chest with nothing but truth on his side, settling?
    What's wrong with that picture?
    Oh, that's right: he just wanted to get back to the Oval Office, settle in the Presidential Chair and get a few more blowies from an intern.
    Yeah, that's about the size of it.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:58
    Court cases?
    He settled out of court for $850,000 with a woman who accused him of (surprise! sexual harassment)... which was $150,000 more than she asked for, on a case that had been previously dismissed.
    Huh.
    A feller with his considerable war chest with nothing but truth on his side, settling?
    What's wrong with that picture?
    Oh, that's right: he jus ...[text shortened]... residential Chair and get a few more blowies from an intern.
    Yeah, that's about the size of it.
    Speculation.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 20:17
    Speculation.
    Well if it were not for Fox News there would be no speculation! 😠

The world would be as one
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 20:45
    Did you become deaf and illiterate during the much longer part where she explained how the evidence was mishandled? Or how someone else mentioned she travelled all the way to New York to stop a "miscarriage of justice" brought on by the mishandling?

This is the exact reason why I posted the video: your brand of cherry-picking is easily and quickly refuted.
    Seriously.
    The other side mishandled the evidence: no denying it.
    That's not the f***ing issue, though, is it.
    The issue here is that she knew he shouldn't have been able to pass a polygraph--- otherwise, why is her confidence in them destroyed?
    Cherry pick?
    Start there.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 20:46
    Speculation.
    Speculation?
    Which part?
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 21:07
    Seriously.
    The other side mishandled the evidence: no denying it.
    That's not the f***ing issue, though, is it.
    The issue here is that she knew he shouldn't have been able to pass a polygraph--- otherwise, why is her confidence in them destroyed?
    Cherry pick?
    Start there.
    You realize that her lack of faith in polygraphs are only her opinion, right? Should she, based on her opinion, not have done her legal duty in pointing out the mishandled evidence?

While you chew on that, it's worth pointing out that you're no longer claiming Hillary laughed about a rapist going free, defending a rapist, or any variation of that. Now that you cannot use such falsehoods due to the video being right in the OP....that's one mission accomplished.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 21:331 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree