1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 19:37
    So the Left tells me that Trump is Hitler and the Right tells me that Obama was Hitler, so why don't the two get along better?
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    31 May '18 19:42
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So the Left tells me that Trump is Hitler and the Right tells me that Obama was Hitler, so why don't the two get along better?
    I'm sure you'll enlighten us whodey.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 May '18 19:47
    We'll leave the deep-thinking to you.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 19:541 edit
    Obama warned us as he compared Trump to Hitler

https://www.newsmax.com/ChuckMorse/obama-trump-hitler-chicago/2017/12/11/id/831132/

Speaking at the Economic Club of Chicago, Obama noted that the U.S. has survived tough times before and will again, offering as an example of tough times the days of communist fighter Joseph McCarthy.

“The danger is grow[ing] complacent,” Obama said. “We have to tend to this garden of democracy or else things could fall apart quickly.”

“That's what happened in Germany in the 1930s,” Obama opined. “Sixty million people died. So, you've got to pay attention. And vote.”

Is it then any wonder that both Obama and Trump were elected back to back?
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    31 May '18 20:12
    The "left" doesn't call Trump Hitler. The left doesn't believe Trump is smart enough to be Hitler.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 20:16
    Originally posted by @vivify
    The "left" doesn't call Trump Hitler. The left doesn't believe Trump is smart enough to be Hitler.
    Obama does.

Are you saying Obama is not a smarty?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 May '18 20:17
    Um, Hitler and Hitler?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    31 May '18 20:21
    Obama does.

Are you saying Obama is not a smarty?
    Obama didn't compare Trump to Hitler. He merely used Germany as a warning to what can happen if we're complacent. Just because your extreme right-wing article says something in its title, that doesn't mean it's true. In fact, it often means the opposite with far-right news sources.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    31 May '18 20:25
    This brings up an interesting question: would Trump be more or less dangerous if he was intelligent? If he was more intelligent, he could really accomplish some devious schemes and do real damage. However, because he's such a dimwit, he's liable to literally anything, no matter what the cost to anyone else is.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '18 20:55
    This brings up an interesting question: would Trump be more or less dangerous if he was intelligent? If he was more intelligent, he could really accomplish some devious schemes and do real damage. However, because he's such a dimwit, he's liable to literally anything, no matter what the cost to anyone else is.
    Because he's so obviously stupid, he finds it difficult to get other politicians (who intend to be in office long after DT is gone) on board with his more harebrained schemes. Thus, his complete lack of any serious legislative achievements beyond the mandatory huge tax cuts for the rich that every Republican President passes in the last 40 years. The Presidency grants large, but not unlimited, powers and the sheer unpopularity of most of what Trump wants as well as Trump himself cuts down on the damage this clown can do. Of course, his level of corruption is virtually unprecedented for a US President, but whether he can continue to get away with it is a serious question.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 21:341 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Um, Hitler and Hitler?
    I'm sure he had to have had multiple personalities.

Maybe the two hate each other.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 21:38
    Obama didn't compare Trump to Hitler. He merely used Germany as a warning to what can happen if we're complacent. Just because your extreme right-wing article says something in its title, that doesn't mean it's true. In fact, it often means the opposite with far-right news sources.
    Oh......I see.......the whole "1930's Nazi thingy" had nothing to do with comparing the Trump era to the Hitler era.

How clever is Obama. His intellect surpasses mine by leaps and bounds.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 21:391 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Because he's so obviously stupid, he finds it difficult to get other politicians (who intend to be in office long after DT is gone) on board with his more harebrained schemes. Thus, his complete lack of any serious legislative achievements beyond the mandatory huge tax cuts for the rich that every Republican President passes in the last 40 years. The Pr ...[text shortened]... ented for a US President, but whether he can continue to get away with it is a serious question.
    Make fun of him all you want, but the sad truth is all Trump has to do is not start a stupid war where ISIS fills in the void and improve the economy and he will be the best President in the last 50 years.

The bar has been set that loooooow!
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 04:08
    I’m from the left. So are most people I know; especially compared to Americans.

And I’ve not heard one person call him Hitler.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 15:31
    Oh......I see.......the whole "1930's Nazi thingy" had nothing to do with comparing the Trump era to the Hitler era.
    Fascism is fascism, whodey.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree