Hostess outta business

Hostess outta business

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Nov 12

No mo Twinkies or Ding Dongs (except in the trannie world)

w

Moves
17 Nov 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
No mo Twinkies or Ding Dongs (except in the trannie world)
This is nothing more than right winged propoganda. The company cited increased wage, pension, and meidical costs as the reason they went belly up. They say that the dagger in the heart was due to the bakers unions striking.

This is completly absurd. Everyone knows that Obamacare is affordable and good for America. In addition, if it were not for the unions we would all be working in sweat shops.

This is an outrage America!! I demand Obama either force them to get back to work and make us twinkies or there will be hell to pay!! 😠

w

Moves
17 Nov 12
2 edits

I can't believe the apathy on this sight. We all grew up eating twinkies!!

These greedy CEO's need to be made an example of. After all, the CEO"s are only in it for the money as where the exploited workers are only in it for the love of twinkie. Obama should buy up this company tomorrow and get those 18,000 workers back to work. It's the American way.

Then again, does he want to buy them up and deal with the unions?

Hmm?

w

Moves
17 Nov 12

Won't you sign the petition and help nationalize the Twinkie industry?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gove/petition/nationalize-twinkie-industry/cJz0ngJR

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Nov 12

Yum twinkies dingdong cupcakes mmmmm preservative laden goodness

Planet Rain

Moves
17 Nov 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Yum twinkies dingdong cupcakes mmmmm preservative laden goodness
Now how's Sasquatch going to get his brain food?

K

Germany

Moves
17 Nov 12

Originally posted by whodey
This is nothing more than right winged propoganda. The company cited increased wage, pension, and meidical costs as the reason they went belly up. They say that the dagger in the heart was due to the bakers unions striking.

This is completly absurd. Everyone knows that Obamacare is affordable and good for America. In addition, if it were not for the un ...[text shortened]... ma either force them to get back to work and make us twinkies or there will be hell to pay!! 😠
Really, they said that? I would've thought they would blame their bankruptcy on poor management.

w

Moves
17 Nov 12

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Really, they said that? I would've thought they would blame their bankruptcy on poor management.
Exactly. In fact, every day you hear example after example of these poor managers letting businesses going belly up.

All we can say is that capitalism no longer works. Won't you sign the petition?

rain

Moves
17 Nov 12
1 edit

Perhaps this is a good sign for an obese America? Maybe McDonalds will the next to file for brankruptcy.

EDIT: Never mind. McDonalds keeps people employed; so ironically, McDonalds is good for America.

K

Germany

Moves
17 Nov 12

Originally posted by whodey
Exactly. In fact, every day you hear example after example of these poor managers letting businesses going belly up.

All we can say is that capitalism no longer works. Won't you sign the petition?
Failing businesses going bust seems to me like the way capitalism does and should work.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
17 Nov 12

Originally posted by Soothfast
Now how's Sasquatch going to get his brain food?
Guess I'll have to switch to Doritos.

You're being awfully quiet about this, though...could it be? Are you recognizing that pro-Labor policies now destroy jobs?

K

Germany

Moves
17 Nov 12

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Guess I'll have to switch to Doritos.

You're being awfully quiet about this, though...could it be? Are you recognizing that pro-Labor policies now destroy jobs?
As your good friend Bastiat would say: look at what is unseen, not just what is seen. People aren't going to stop snacking just because they can't buy Twinkies anymore. Hostess' competitors will gain market share and therefore there will be new jobs there. Not necessarily the same amount, but if the competitors can create the same amount of snacks with fewer people it would only be a good thing.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
17 Nov 12

The Facts.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151315904196153&set=a.159645436152.145735.101165966152&type=1

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
As your good friend Bastiat would say: look at what is unseen, not just what is seen. People aren't going to stop snacking just because they can't buy Twinkies anymore. Hostess' competitors will gain market share and therefore there will be new jobs there. Not necessarily the same amount, but if the competitors can create the same amount of snacks with fewer people it would only be a good thing.
KN: but if the competitors can create the same amount of snacks with fewer people it would only be a good thing.

Yes, producing things is far more important than people being able to earn a livelihood in Ivory Tower Land.

K

Germany

Moves
17 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Yes, producing things is far more important than people being able to earn a livelihood.
It's the government's responsibility to ensure everyone has access to basic necessities (a trivial task in any modern society), not a corporation's. In Ivory Tower land, people like me can be scientists because there are few people still required to farm crops.