How does it feel to be responsible for this?

How does it feel to be responsible for this?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
15 Jun 14

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
15 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Seitse
https://www.iraqbodycount.org/
I don't know. Ask those Arabs who are attempting to overthrow the Iraqi government.

Don't forget to subtract the expected casualties Saddam would have inflicted (~30,000 a year, based on the the last thirty years of his rule - http://middleeast.about.com/od/usmideastpolicy/a/me090424b.htm).

E

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't know. Ask those Arabs who are attempting to overthrow the Iraqi government.

Don't forget to subtract the expected casualties Saddam would have inflicted (~30,000 a year, based on the the last thirty years of his rule - http://middleeast.about.com/od/usmideastpolicy/a/me090424b.htm).
I suppose you should make sure the new bucket will hold water before you get rid of the old bucket.

If all you are going to do is replace a snake with a rat, you probably shouldn't mess with the snake at all. My suggestion would be to kill off both the snake and the rats which could mean the total destruction of the Middle East.

w

Moves
15 Jun 14

This is what they do over there. This is just the tip of the melting ice burg.

rain

Moves
15 Jun 14
1 edit

Remember, before the war, scores of Iraqi people were slaughtered under a dictator. Now, scores of Iraqis are slaughtered under a democracy. Mission accomplished.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by vivify
Remember, before the war, scores of Iraqi people were slaughtered under a dictator. Now, scores of Iraqis are slaughtered under a democracy. Mission accomplished.
Perhaps it might remind us in the future that it isn't the US job to solve all the problems that are found on the globe.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
15 Jun 14

So, how is it like? Tell me. How does it feel to have the hands covered in blood?

E

Moves
15 Jun 14

So, how is it like? Tell me. How does it feel to have the hands covered in blood?
You might want to ask that to people who are actually doing the killing. I suppose that might just be asking a bit too much of some people.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Jun 14

I don't work for the CIA.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
15 Jun 14

To whom is this question addressed?

Z

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by normbenign
Perhaps it might remind us in the future that it isn't the US job to solve all the problems that are found on the globe.
yeh, coz the us started a war in iraq out of the goodness of their hearts. they heard the cries of help of the iraqis and wanted to help.

do you need help feeding yourself?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
15 Jun 14

Nobody's gassing the Kurds any more.

w

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by vivify
But....but.....but....democracy solve all the worlds problems.

w

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Nobody's gassing the Kurds any more.
Yay.

Moves
16 Jun 14

Originally posted by normbenign
To whom is this question addressed?
It is addressed to anyone who can be induced to feel culpable, although those truly culpable will be impervious to such inducement, having successfully rationalized it away.

Something like 60,000 humans die each day.