1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 15:554 edits
    I know you have all been taught how government is SUPPOSE to work, but let's be honest, what we are taught in school is all ivory tower stuff that is outdated, so I've taken the liberty to learn yall.

So listen up!

A bill is submitted to Congress, and when Congress fails to pass it, the Executive Branch simply picks it up and creates a regulation because Congress failed to pass it. Then these unelected hand picked regulators simply create regulations that are just as good as laws.

Then when Congress fails to declare war, the President just sends in the troops and ignores Congress and fails to even notify them cuz it's not really a war according to the President.

And the US no longer passes Treaties to sign with foreign governments cuz that takes Congress to sign off on, which simply won't do. No, instead we just have Executive agreements with other countries now.

Problem is, the President may not like the regulation or even a law that is passed cuz the Congress are all a bunch of obstructionists, so he they may have to get out a pin and bypass a stupid law or regulation with his pen by Executive Order.

Of course, all of this Executive power is completely dependent upon who is in power, is it the DNC or the GOP. If it is the GOP then the liberal courts simply slap down every regulation or Executive Order so that the President is powerless, otherwise he is an all powerful dictator.

At the end of the day the Constitution is fully intact, it was just wrongly interpreted for hundreds of years.

Any questions?
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 05:461 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I know you have all been taught how government is SUPPOSE to work, but let's be honest, what we are taught in school is all ivory tower stuff that is outdated, so I've taken the liberty to learn yall.

So listen up!

A bill is submitted to Congress, and when Congress fails to pass it, the Executive Branch simply picks it up and creates a regulation bec ...[text shortened]... tution is fully intact, it was just wrongly interpreted for hundreds of years.

Any questions?
    Any questions?

No. "cuz" you're about 95% wrong, pointing out all the errors in your little post would take up half the evening, and I want to get back to my remaining chess moves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree