Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 12 Dec '15 08:10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQeaimHDcEU
  2. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    12 Dec '15 16:45
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Let's hope they are Christian.
  3. 13 Dec '15 01:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why, so they can shoot up a Planned Parenthood clinic?

FYI, they aren't.
  4. 13 Dec '15 01:42
    https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/655219807952863/
  5. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Dec '15 02:40
    Sweet scene, but you're seriously naive if you think that sort of display is going to stop the likes of ISIS.
  6. 13 Dec '15 03:40
    Originally posted by sh76
    Sweet scene, but you're seriously naive if you think that sort of display is going to stop the likes of ISIS.
    If they were a Nazi they would know better.

But for whatever reason the left does not think ISIS to be as bad, as where I think they are worse.
  7. 13 Dec '15 07:51
    Originally posted by sh76
    You defeat ISIS by winning hearts and minds. By undercutting the basis for recruitment.

They're losing. Their "caliphate" has lost about a quarter of its territory in the past year. It's why they've switched tactics and become more Al Qaeda than caliphate.

This is why they attacked Paris and forged a Syrian passport for one of the attackers to carry - of course terrorists on suicide missions always make sure to carry identification. They don't want countries taking in the refugees who should be part of their caliphate.

60 percent of Americans say they've never met a Muslim. That has to change.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    13 Dec '15 18:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    If they were a Nazi they would know better.

But for whatever reason the left does not think ISIS to be as bad, as where I think they are worse.
    ISIS is much, much weaker than 1930's Germany was.
  9. 13 Dec '15 18:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Frankly, based on the views you have posted here, YOU are no Christian.
  10. 13 Dec '15 18:43
    You defeat ISIS by winning hearts and minds. By undercutting the basis for recruitment.

They're losing. Their "caliphate" has lost about a quarter of its territory in the past year. It's why they've switched tactics and become more Al Qaeda than caliphate.

This is why they attacked Paris and forged a Syrian passport for one of the attackers to carr ...[text shortened]... eir caliphate.

ISIS defeated themselves when they proclaimed their "caliphate." They are never going to be more than a petty band of robbers, en they only have success recruiting idiots in Europe because "we" give ISIS much more credit than they deserve.
  11. 13 Dec '15 22:23
    Originally posted by Kunsoo to Sh76

This is why they attacked Paris and forged a Syrian passport for one of the attackers ...[text shortened]... eir caliphate.

"60 percent of Americans say they've never met a Muslim."
    --Kunsoo

In an earlier thread, Sh76 got much applause here (though not from me) for saying
    that he wanted to meet Muslims (in a local mosque?) in the USA in order to discuss
    the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I pointed out that only a small minority of Muslims are
    Palestinians, and some Palestinians are not Muslims. I suggested that Sh76 contact
    some Palestinians directly (most major universities have Palestinian student groups)
    rather than random Muslims, most of whom probably care little about Palestinians.
    But Sh76 seemed uninterested in meeting real Palestinians rather than random Muslims.

How many readers here have ever shared a meal with any Muslim? I have.
  12. 13 Dec '15 22:25
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    ISIS is much, much weaker than 1930's Germany was.
    Did I say they were stronger?

No, I said they were more evil.
  13. 13 Dec '15 22:27
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "60 percent of Americans say they've never met a Muslim."
    --Kunsoo

In an earlier thread, Sh76 got much applause here (though not from me) for saying
    that he wanted to meet Muslims (in a local mosque?) in the USA in order to discuss
    the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I pointed out that only a small minority of Muslims are
    Palestinians, and some Pale ...[text shortened]... than random Muslims.

How many readers here have ever shared a meal with any Muslim? I have.
    A friend of mine said he once shook hands with a Muslim.

But that was years ago when he met the President.

Outside of that I don't know of any.
  14. 15 Dec '15 00:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    A friend of mine said he once shook hands with a Muslim.

But that was years ago when he met the President.

Outside of that I don't know of any.
    I find that amazing. I've met so many. Did you go to college?
  15. 15 Dec '15 00:02
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    ISIS defeated themselves when they proclaimed their "caliphate." They are never going to be more than a petty band of robbers, en they only have success recruiting idiots in Europe because "we" give ISIS much more credit than they deserve.
    I agree. I felt the same with Al Qaeda. By declaring a "war" we elevated them. We should have treated it like the criminal conspiracy it was.