Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 18:44
    Suddenly, Dems hate debt. I don’t recall hearing it from 2009-2017 when it skyrocketed from $10 Trillion to $20 Trillion.

So we know Dems now hate debt, that’s what they tell us.

By how much will the cut spending?

I believe them and I think they will cut spending about 5% per year as long as they have the house because they are responsible spenders and are concerned about the debt and the economy.
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 18:50
    @whodey said
    Suddenly, Dems hate debt. I don’t recall hearing it from 2009-2017 when it skyrocketed from $10 Trillion to $20 Trillion.

I believe them and I think they will cut spending about 5% per year as long as they have the house because they are responsible spenders and are concerned about the debt and the economy.
    A good place to start budget cutting: Red state subsidies and pork barrel projects designed to buy votes, not...improve lives.

Red states take way more from the Federal trough than they contribute. And everyone knows how much conservatives hate welfare.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 18:55
    @wolfe63 said
    A good place to start budget cutting: Red state subsidies and pork barrel projects designed to buy votes, not...improve lives.

Red states take way more from the Federal trough than they contribute. And everyone knows how much conservatives hate welfare.
    Ok, so target Republican states with the IRS.

How about something original that Obama has not done?
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 19:50
    @whodey
    Stop waging wars.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 20:47
    @whodey said

Rather than cutting spending they can introduce a tax on cut and paste into internet forums a dollar per character, valid retrospectively - they'll pay off the debt on you alone.
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 20:56
    @whodey said

Increase taxes
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 20:59
    @whodey said

So it doesn't matter Trump did the tax cut supposedly to help middle class when we see quite well it helped out big corporations bigtime and the top 1/10th%, middle class, ZERO help. And to get the money to sub for the missing taxes, they just ran up the national debt to near 22 trillion, but hey, boys will be boys, right? If dems did that you would be all over that like poop on a stick. But rebubs do that, it's A OK. BTW, you see the market tanking as we speak, I guess that was Obama's fault also, or was it Hillary?

When are you going to take the blinders off your glasses? You wearing welding goggles maybe?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 23:02
    @athousandyoung said
    Increase taxes
    Yes, that seems to cure all our ills.