1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 17:30
    This sounds familiar doesn't it?
    Remember when Saddam Hussein was accused of using people as human shields. Now we are hearing the same thing about Gdaffi. I'm waiting for reports that he is having babies thrown out of incubators next.

I have never seen one picture of people being used as human shields. Has anyone else? Can we believe any reports of this without pictures?
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 00:41
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/21/libya-live-blog-u-s-to-hand-over-control-of-mission-in-coming-days/?hpt=T1

[8:10 p.m. Monday ET, 2:10 a.m. Tuesday in Libya] CNN correspondent Nic Robertson has rejected a Fox News report that he and other journalists were used as human shields by the Libyan government to prevent a missile attack on Gadhafi's compound.

Libyan government officials brought CNN and other news crews to the compound to view a building that was damaged late Sunday in a coalition air strike. The Fox story, posted on the outlet's website Monday, says the journalists' presence forced a British aircraft to call off firing seven missiles at the area that already had been hit.

Robertson, who was part of the CNN crew cited in the Fox story, called the rival network's report "outrageous and hypocritical." Robertson said a Fox staffer was among the journalists on the trip - which was not mentioned in the Fox report - and that the journalists in the group were hurried through their trip by their minders.

"If they wanted to use us as human shields ... they would have kept us there longer," Robertson said. "That's not what happened."
  3. silicon valley
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 03:34
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8396464/Libya-Gaddafis-voluntary-human-shields-in-good-voice.html

Libya: Gaddafi's 'voluntary' human shields in good voice

The crowd shouted "Down, down, USA. Go, Go, UK" and "Death to Sarkozy". Inside Col Muammar Gaddafi's Tripoli compound the swelling numbers of "voluntary" human shields were in good voice.

7:42PM GMT 21 Mar 2011
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 14:47
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8396464/Libya-Gaddafis-voluntary-human-shields-in-good-voice.html

Libya: Gaddafi's 'voluntary' human shields in good voice

The crowd shouted "Down, down, USA. Go, Go, UK" and "Death to Sarkozy". Inside Col Muammar Gaddafi's Tripoli compound the swelling numbers of "voluntary" human shields were in good voice.

7:42PM GMT 21 Mar 2011
    Is a voluntary human shield actually a human shield?
    I mean, isn't it supposed to be "using" people as a shield, sort of without their consent?
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 16:26
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Is a voluntary human shield actually a human shield?
    I mean, isn't it supposed to be "using" people as a shield, sort of without their consent?
    voluntary or involuntary, did he specify?
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 16:29
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    This sounds familiar doesn't it?
    Remember when Saddam Hussein was accused of using people as human shields. Now we are hearing the same thing about Gdaffi. I'm waiting for reports that he is having babies thrown out of incubators next.

I have never seen one picture of people being used as human shields. Has anyone else? Can we believe any reports of this without pictures?
    if you mean INVOLUNTARY human shields, how many journalists do you think would step up to take the photos, knowing they might be next to join the shield?

do you mean the Saddams and Qaddafis of the world are so overflowing with the milk of human kindness that any reports of them using involuntary human shields must be false?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree