Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    14 Jul '11 05:38
    Wasn't he?

    He defined words as he pleased and if contradicted, cried: The Dictionary is merely a Tyranny of the Majority!
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    14 Jul '11 07:56
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Humpty Dumpty was a libertarian
    All the king's horses and all the king's men are probably the only thing that Humpty would have approved of his taxes being spent on. The rest of the taxation would be seen by him as nothing other than theft from those, like him, who just want to be free to sit on their own wall, to be handed out to parasitical eggs who don't have walls or who are not willing to take the risk of having a great fall from one.
  3. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    14 Jul '11 09:31
    Wonder if Humpty Dumpty was financially able to pay for his own medical treatment after his accident?
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    14 Jul '11 12:05
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Wonder if Humpty Dumpty was financially able to pay for his own medical treatment after his accident?
    Why do think he jumped off the wall? His medicare benefits had just been canceled....
  5. 14 Jul '11 12:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why do think he jumped off the wall? His medicare benefits had just been canceled....
    Humpty Dumpty was pushed by big government after they found out he was planning to teach people how to build their own wall without government assistance.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Jul '11 12:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    All the king's horses and all the king's men are probably the only thing that Humpty would have approved of his taxes being spent on. The rest of the taxation would be seen by him as nothing other than theft from those, like him, who just want to be free to sit on their own wall, to be handed out to parasitical eggs who don't have walls or who are not willing to take the risk of having a great fall from one.
    Maybe if Humpty had advocated a more effective and larger government rather than opposing all forms of government, the King would have had better paid, more numerous and more talented horses and men, and maybe, just maybe, they could then have put Humpty together again.
  7. 14 Jul '11 15:43
    Actually, I think of an old political cartoon when I think of supply side economics, now that the investing classes are sitting on a record amount of spending power.

    The king says to his advisers: "Gentlemen, the fact that all my horses and all my men can't put him together again simply means I need more horses and more men!"
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    14 Jul '11 20:13
    If Humpty accepted taxation maybe he'd have health insurance instead of a cravat and a useless government that hires only knights.
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    14 Jul '11 20:47
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If Humpty accepted taxation maybe he'd have health insurance instead of a cravat and a useless government that hires only knights.
    Yeah but haven't you ever had a knight out on the town?
  10. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    15 Jul '11 20:46
    Omelet.

    He was an omelet, not a libertarian.
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    15 Jul '11 20:47
    I'm the kinda Amish all the Am-lettes wanna be like

    Weird Al, Amish Paradise
  12. Standard member Soothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    15 Jul '11 21:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why do think he jumped off the wall? His medicare benefits had just been canceled....
    If you read the fine print you'll see that his private insurer was a pernicious HMO that only allowed him to be operated on my horses.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    15 Jul '11 21:19
    I hope your horses will hold still during the operation...