1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 05:38
    Wasn't he?

He defined words as he pleased and if contradicted, cried: The Dictionary is merely a Tyranny of the Majority!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 07:56
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Humpty Dumpty was a libertarian
    All the king's horses and all the king's men are probably the only thing that Humpty would have approved of his taxes being spent on. The rest of the taxation would be seen by him as nothing other than theft from those, like him, who just want to be free to sit on their own wall, to be handed out to parasitical eggs who don't have walls or who are not willing to take the risk of having a great fall from one.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 09:31
    Wonder if Humpty Dumpty was financially able to pay for his own medical treatment after his accident?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 12:05
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Wonder if Humpty Dumpty was financially able to pay for his own medical treatment after his accident?
    Why do think he jumped off the wall? His medicare benefits had just been canceled....
  5. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 12:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why do think he jumped off the wall? His medicare benefits had just been canceled....
    Humpty Dumpty was pushed by big government after they found out he was planning to teach people how to build their own wall without government assistance.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 12:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    All the king's horses and all the king's men are probably the only thing that Humpty would have approved of his taxes being spent on. The rest of the taxation would be seen by him as nothing other than theft from those, like him, who just want to be free to sit on their own wall, to be handed out to parasitical eggs who don't have walls or who are not willing to take the risk of having a great fall from one.
    Maybe if Humpty had advocated a more effective and larger government rather than opposing all forms of government, the King would have had better paid, more numerous and more talented horses and men, and maybe, just maybe, they could then have put Humpty together again.
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 15:43
    Actually, I think of an old political cartoon when I think of supply side economics, now that the investing classes are sitting on a record amount of spending power.

The king says to his advisers: "Gentlemen, the fact that all my horses and all my men can't put him together again simply means I need more horses and more men!"
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 20:13
    If Humpty accepted taxation maybe he'd have health insurance instead of a cravat and a useless government that hires only knights.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 20:47
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If Humpty accepted taxation maybe he'd have health insurance instead of a cravat and a useless government that hires only knights.
    Yeah but haven't you ever had a knight out on the town?
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 20:46
    Omelet.

He was an omelet, not a libertarian.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 20:47
    I'm the kinda Amish all the Am-lettes wanna be like

Weird Al, Amish Paradise
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 21:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 21:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If you read the fine print you'll see that his private insurer was a pernicious HMO that only allowed him to be operated on my horses.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 21:19
    I hope your horses will hold still during the operation...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree