Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Dec '11 00:33 / 1 edit
    Are they a breath of fresh air amid the foul stench of American politics? Or is their aggressive campaigning for their father creepy?

    Here's their latest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94iTnGQ0oI

    EDIT: Here's another where one of the daughters attempt at a hand shake is ignored by one of the Fox drones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssRAewFRvQ&feature=related

    She doesn't look too happy about it.
  2. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    27 Dec '11 08:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are they a breath of fresh air amid the foul stench of American politics? Or is their aggressive campaigning for their father creepy?

    Here's their latest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94iTnGQ0oI

    EDIT: Here's another where one of the daughters attempt at a hand shake is ignored by one of the Fox drones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssRAewFRvQ&feature=related

    She doesn't look too happy about it.
    Hey... didn't I post something about feeling dirty lookin' at those women?
  3. 27 Dec '11 20:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are they a breath of fresh air amid the foul stench of American politics? Or is their aggressive campaigning for their father creepy?

    Here's their latest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94iTnGQ0oI

    EDIT: Here's another where one of the daughters attempt at a hand shake is ignored by one of the Fox drones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssRAewFRvQ&feature=related

    She doesn't look too happy about it.
    I think he just didn't see her hand out. Why would he pick on the one and not the other?

    I'm as critical of Fox as anyone, but that's a stretch.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '11 20:56
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I think he just didn't see her hand out. Why would he pick on the one and not the other?

    I'm as critical of Fox as anyone, but that's a stretch.
    The woman he did shake hands with was Huntsman's wife I believe.
  5. 27 Dec '11 21:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are they a breath of fresh air amid the foul stench of American politics? Or is their aggressive campaigning for their father creepy?

    Here's their latest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94iTnGQ0oI

    EDIT: Here's another where one of the daughters attempt at a hand shake is ignored by one of the Fox drones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssRAewFRvQ&feature=related

    She doesn't look too happy about it.
    EDIT: Here's another where one of the daughters attempt at a hand shake is ignored by one of the Fox drones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssRAewFRvQ&feature=related

    She doesn't look too happy about it.-no1marauder


    Total b.s ! He did NOT do that on purpose. And as far as her not looking too happy about it, how could you tell that in less than one second ?
  6. 27 Dec '11 21:11
    Handshaking, serious business.
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '11 21:47
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    EDIT: Here's another where one of the daughters attempt at a hand shake is ignored by one of the Fox drones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssRAewFRvQ&feature=related

    She doesn't look too happy about it.-no1marauder


    [b]Total b.s ! He did NOT do that on purpose. And as far as her not looking too happy about it, how could you tell that in less than one second ?
    [/b]
    Nice you can mind read. Look at her face.
  8. 27 Dec '11 21:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Nice you can mind read. Look at her face.
    Its nice that you can, apparently.
    She has a smile on her face for crying out loud.
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '11 22:39
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Its nice that you can, apparently.
    She has a smile on her face for crying out loud.
    YOU said: He didn't do it on purpose. THAT is reading his mind.

    I said: She didn't look too happy about it. That's observing her body language. People don't often press their lips together after a snub because they didn't notice it. She also quickly looked over to her parents in apparent surprise.

    You're not very observant if you missed those clues. People plaster a smile on their face in social situations when they are not happy all the time.
  10. 27 Dec '11 23:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    People plaster a smile on their face in social situations when they are not happy all the time.
    True enough. A famous case in point is Bush watching Colbert from four feet away.

    But it's all too quick here, and I think you're reading way to much into it.
  11. 27 Dec '11 23:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    YOU said: He didn't do it on purpose. THAT is reading his mind.

    I said: She didn't look too happy about it. That's observing her body language. People don't often press their lips together after a snub because they didn't notice it. She also quickly looked over to her parents in apparent surprise.

    You're not very observant if you ...[text shortened]... e plaster a smile on their face in social situations when they are not happy all the time.
    Oh ! You are not only a mind reader but also a body language expert ! LMAO!

    Unlike you. I do know a little something about body language. And in that clip, from the time he missed her hand shake to when it cuts out (not to mention the poor quality of the footage) there is no way to make a accurate assessment the way you claim you did.
    As usual, more balderdash coming from you.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '11 23:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    True enough. A famous case in point is Bush watching Colbert from four feet away.

    But it's all too quick here, and I think you're reading way to much into it.
    "Way too much"?

    I'm reading mild annoyance at a social gaffe. If the Fox drone didn't realize it was rude to shake the wife's, but not the daughter's hand, he should get a course in manners. Whether he deliberately did so is besides the point.

    BTW it's also considered rude to remain sitting when shaking a standing person's hand.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '11 23:48
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Oh ! You are not only a mind reader but also a body language expert ! LMAO!

    Unlike you. I do know a little something about body language. And in that clip, from the time he missed her hand shake to when it cuts out (not to mention the poor quality of the footage) there is no way to make a accurate assessment the way you claim you did.
    As usual, more balderdash coming from you.
    Actually I kinda am; it's part of legal training esp. in Trial Tactics.
  14. 28 Dec '11 00:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Actually I kinda am; it's part of legal training esp. in Trial Tactics.
    More can be learned from watching the drone.
    He obviously missed it.
    35 seconds into the clip the hand is missed as he leans back. Which more than likely he was being directed either off camera or through an ear piece to cut to another anchor which he did at 36 seconds.
    All this is , is FOX derangement syndrome on your part.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    28 Dec '11 00:15
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    More can be learned from watching the drone.
    He obviously missed it.
    35 seconds into the clip the hand is missed as he leans back. Which more than likely he was being directed either off camera or through an ear piece to cut to another anchor which he did at 36 seconds.
    All this is , is FOX derangement syndrome on your part.
    I couldn't care less about Fox News and rarely comment about it.

    Those are lame excuses for rudeness even if true; finish doing what you are supposed to do with the people in front of you (remember he called attention to them implicitly inviting them to come to the stage) even if it takes a couple of seconds; Drone B ain't going anywhere. I don't blame the Huntsman daughter for being annoyed.