1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 23:12
    The right and left blogs and talk shows are obsessing over what was apparently a quick conversation between AZ Gov Jan Brewer and the President, and now they're hyping the different accounts of the event, if it qualifies as an event - all stemming from media-hyped curiosity about a photo of Jan Brewer wagging her finger at the President.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/mayor_seems_to_contradict_gov_brewers_story_on_oba.php?ref=fpa

I was asked my opinion of the event on another forum. My answer was and is, the hoopla is stupid, not even worthy as a distraction. Apparently it was a mildly testy interaction pertaining to a chapter of Brewer's book, which is now selling like hot cakes apparently. Maybe Brewer calculated it for that purpose, or maybe it was spontaneous, or whatever. It isn't even much ado about nothing. It's stupid, and the story as far as I'm concerned isn't really about Brewer or Obama. It's about the media and the public's thriving on the soap opera aspect of politics.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 12:40
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    .....It isn't even much ado about nothing. It's stupid, and the story as far as I'm concerned isn't really about Brewer or Obama. It's about the media and the public's thriving on the soap opera aspect of politics.
    Which to my mind makes this one of the most disingenuous segues into the minutiae of the life and times of media captioned fluff, allowing us to stand above the fray while ardently pontificating the relative merits of our analysis of the insubstantial.

Let them starve I say!
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 13:10
    The right and left blogs and talk shows are obsessing over what was apparently a quick conversation between AZ Gov Jan Brewer and the President, and now they're hyping the different accounts of the event, if it qualifies as an event - all stemming from media-hyped curiosity about a photo of Jan Brewer wagging her finger at the President.

http://tpmmuckrake ...[text shortened]... a. It's about the media and the public's thriving on the soap opera aspect of politics.
    Yeah. I agree. It's not even worth a message board thread.
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 13:48
    Originally posted by sh76
    And yet the thread grows....
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 14:301 edit
    Originally posted by kmax87
    And yet the thread grows....
    ...and grows...
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 15:59

http://tpmmuckrake ...[text shortened]... a. It's about the media and the public's thriving on the soap opera aspect of politics.
    To make a long story short, Jan was the one who got Obama drunk but has agreed not to have the baby.
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 19:27
    But lack of quality in our media IS worth a message board thread, which is what this thread is about.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 19:341 edit
    It's a photograph we're talking about, right? Let's turn it into a caption contest, then.

Jan Brewer to Obama: "Does this hangnail look infected?"

Obama: "No, but a dentist could do something about your snaggletooth."
  9. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 19:36
    Exactly Paratrooper. The coverage of the tit for tat continues today with disputes about what was said and who was cordial, etc. For all we know, the "finger" picture wasn't even taken during the sort-of-argument. People have pointed at me to talk about the weather.
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 19:37
    Exactly Paratrooper. The coverage of the tit for tat continues today with disputes about what was said and who was cordial, etc. For all we know, the "finger" picture wasn't even taken during the sort-of-argument. People have pointed at me to talk about the weather.
    The hag was practically picking his nose.
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 07:21
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    The hag was practically picking his nose.
    It's not that close.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree