1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 17:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    By Obama's own admission the US needed to Bush tax cuts because the economy would be harmed if he did not extend them. Of course, KN would disagree with that, however, I think Obama believes it as most do in Congress who voted to extend the Bush tax cuts. So to be consistent, Obama has taken the same approach to fuel prices.
    The economy would be harmed because rich people would punish the regular people by keeping the market suppressed. The strengths of the free market cannot neutralize this power because capital is too concentrated.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 13:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You really don't have a clue about the purposes of cap and tax or the carbon tax or the realities of the energy market. Suffice to say, recent events make a mockery of the claim that either would cause some enormous raise in energy prices; enormous raises in energy prices are inevitable IF something isn't done in the long term to restrain consumption.[/b]
    Well perhaps you can splain it to a simpleton like me.

From what I have observed, the "genious" behind cap and trade is that you increase the cost of fossil fuels, thus causing people to use less and want to find alternatives, as well as generate revenue. As far as what is happening now, all that is missing is the revenue part. I would think people like yourself would be jumping for joy in the streets everytime prices at the pumps go up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree