1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Feb '20 15:30
    Oh Lord, King David is about to scream...”I am not starting a corporation!!!!!!!”
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Feb '20 18:10
    @averagejoe1 said
    Sorry, wasn’t clear. She is on record as saying she would require corps, like, say, one that KingDavid is starting up, to have 50% of the board be comprised of people meeting the standards dictated by the government, over which she is president.
    If it's "on record" you should be able to provide a link or some reference to back up your assertion.

Or was it just an imaginary sparrow?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Feb '20 20:072 edits
    @handyandy said
    If it's "on record" you should be able to provide a link or some reference to back up your assertion.

Or was it just an imaginary sparrow?
    Perhaps he's referring to this:

"Warren's Accountable Capitalism Act would require corporations with more than $1 billion in annual revenue to obtain a new federal charter as a "United Stations corporation," seeking to ensure it would weigh the interests of all stakeholders in decisions.

Those corporations would then have to have at least 40 percent of board members elected by employees."

https://www.wbur.org/bostonomix/2018/08/15/warren-co-determination-capitalism-act

Here's her rationale:

"In the early 1980s, America’s biggest companies dedicated less than half of their profits to shareholders and reinvested the rest in the company. But over the last decade, big American companies have dedicated 93% of their earnings to shareholders.

That has redirected trillions of dollars that might have otherwise gone to workers or long-term investments, with predictable results. Since the advent of shareholder value maximization, worker productivity has risen steadily but real wages for the median worker have been basically flat and the share of national income that goes to workers has dropped markedly. Big American companies have chronically under-invested, opening the door to foreign competitors.

Because 84% of American-held shares are owned by the top 10% of our richest households, while more than 50% of American households own no stock at all, corporate America’s commitment to “maximizing shareholder return” is a commitment to making the richest Americans even richer at all costs. There is an urgent need to return to the era when American corporations produced broad-based growth that helped workers and shareholders alike. "

The rest of the provisions are here: https://www.warren.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Accountable%20Capitalism%20Act%20One-Pager.pdf

Needless to say, Joe's bizarro version of the proposal has little relation to its actual content.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    01 Feb '20 20:52
    @no1marauder

How's this one instead:
    A laborer cannot be hired by said corporation unless they are willing to purchase a minimum amount of stock
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Feb '20 22:16
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Ah, you mean force them to work for free for six months paying off the stock purchase. Got it. GREAT deal. Especially if you already have money.
    If you are broke and need a job because you FUKKING NEED A JOB, 'Get the hell out of my office you vagabond, I don't care if you DO have a masters degree in engineering, you are broke so you are subhuman'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree