1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 16:09
    I rarely vote for either of the big money parties candidates, but I admit I like Russ Feingold. He was the only Senator with the wisdom to vote against the Patriot Act and he also voted against the big bank bailout. He's been a firm progressive voice with the courage of his convictions; this year while his Tea Partyish nondescript opponent ("I ran a corporation, therefore I should be a Senator"😉 has wallowed in outside of State cash used to run attack ads, Feingold has turned down millions in offered campaign contributions from out of state interests including the Democratic Senatorial Committee (he said he'd rather lose).

Alas, it looks like he will; every poll has him down in the 7 point range an almost impossible margin to overcome at this late stage. I'll hope for a miracle but when it doesn't happen I say to Russ: Keep your head high (I know you will), you served your country honorably and well and kept your dignity and integrity. Kudos to you, RF.
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 16:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I rarely vote for either of the big money parties candidates, but I admit I like Russ Feingold. He was the only Senator with the wisdom to vote against the Patriot Act and he also voted against the big bank bailout. He's been a firm progressive voice with the courage of his convictions; this year while his Tea Partyish nondescript opponent ("I ran a corp ...[text shortened]... ved your country honorably and well and kept your dignity and integrity. Kudos to you, RF.
    And what a way to go out, beaten by an idiot teabagger, with SCOTUS having sold off his legacy to corporate power.
  3. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 17:46
    Russ Feingold is one of the most generous people who ever lived... when it comes to spending OTHER people's money

Liberals never donate their own money. They take from producers and give to non-producers. When it comes to giving a dime of their own money to charitable causes, they're nowhere to be found.
  4. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 17:47
    I rarely vote for either of the big money parties candidates, but I admit I like Russ Feingold. He was the only Senator with the wisdom to vote against the Patriot Act and he also voted against the big bank bailout. He's been a firm progressive voice with the courage of his convictions; this year while his Tea Partyish nondescript opponent ("I ran a corp ...[text shortened]... ved your country honorably and well and kept your dignity and integrity. Kudos to you, RF.
    btw, aren't you glad that McCain-Feingold got the money out of politics?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 17:49
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Hilarious!! 😵
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 17:55
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    It got gutted by the Supreme Court in case you didn't notice.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 18:24
    Here's a bill that Sen. Feingold proposed last year that would have led to substantial reductions in the deficit without cutting any useful programs. http://feingold.senate.gov/deficit/csna_websummary.pdf

Predictably it went nowhere.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 21:131 edit
    It got gutted by the Supreme Court in case you didn't notice.
    What happened in the what? 6 years? between its passage and the SC decision? Did it make a ton of difference in the way elections are run in this country?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 21:24
    If he wishes to oppose statist legislation like the Patriot Act and bank bail outs I suggest he is in the wrong party. As I have said many times over, the Dems should begin a Tea Party of their own. Otherwise he is and will remian an isolated voice crying in the wilderness. I will even say that unless a voice speaks out in the Democratic party in regards to the excessive spending then get used to the other side doing something about it.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 21:50
    Originally posted by sh76
    What happened in the what? 6 years? between its passage and the SC decision? Did it make a ton of difference in the way elections are run in this country?
    If it hadn't, the Republican party wouldn't have been so anxious to challenge it as soon as O'Connor was replaced by Alioto.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree