1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 18:32
    I'm not a strong chess player, perhaps 1500-1600 (USCF) but whenever I get into a winning position, I cannot resist the urge to toy with my helpless opponent for 10-15 moves, baiting them with small chances to recover their helpless situation, only to take away the bait, and slowly crush their position as one would crush an egg shell. I tell myself this is wrong to do, but it's so much fun. I feel I've become a sadist. I'm a little worried about this. 😛
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 18:39
    Originally posted by mchill
    I'm not a strong chess player, perhaps 1500-1600 (USCF) but whenever I get into a winning position, I cannot resist the urge to toy with my helpless opponent for 10-15 moves, baiting them with small chances to recover their helpless situation, only to take away the bait, and slowly crush their position as one would crush an egg shell. I tell myself this is wr ...[text shortened]... ng to do, but it's so much fun. I feel I've become a sadist. I'm a little worried about this. 😛
    Easy solution: go against stronger players.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 19:17
    I'm not a strong chess player, perhaps 1500-1600 (USCF) but whenever I get into a winning position, I cannot resist the urge to toy with my helpless opponent for 10-15 moves, baiting them with small chances to recover their helpless situation, only to take away the bait, and slowly crush their position as one would crush an egg shell. I tell myself this is wr ...[text shortened]... ng to do, but it's so much fun. I feel I've become a sadist. I'm a little worried about this. 😛
    Chess is a bit of a sadiatic game. You do seem toenjoy that part of the game. That would bother me too if I were like that, but I am not.

But your opponent can always just resign.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 20:08
    Bobby Fischer, during a televised interview, was asked what his favorite thing about playing chess was. He responded, "I like the moment when I break a man's ego". Bobby turned out to be a nutcase.

Maybe you should be worried.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 20:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    Bobby Fischer, during a televised interview, was asked what his favorite thing about playing chess was. He responded, "I like the moment when I break a man's ego". Bobby turned out to be a nutcase.

Maybe you should be worried.
    Mchill has literally no chance whatsoever of nearing Fischer's acumen on a chess board; he's more likely to become bored and start tying cats' tails together and lighting them on fire.
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 20:43
    Try climbing a ladder. The higher the you go the more humble you get.
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 20:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Mchill has literally no chance whatsoever of nearing Fischer's acumen on a chess board; he's more likely to become bored and start tying cats' tails together and lighting them on fire.
    I would never harm an animal, it's not in my nature. Stronger opponents are the way to go.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 22:35
    I would never harm an animal, it's not in my nature. Stronger opponents are the way to go.
    You're a vegan?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 02:52
    That will def cure ya!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 04:32
    .........unless they could play chess that is.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 04:32
    Originally posted by kmax87
    You're a vegan?
    No, I'm pretty sure he is an atheist

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree