Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 Jun '13 12:39 / 2 edits
    I'm surprised no one is posting about this bill. Some within the GOP claim that if it is passed, the GOP will go bye, bye.

Admittedly, most if not all who would be given amnesty would mindlessly vote "D" for the rest of their lives. After all, they relate best to what is most like their former government.

So is the bill a Trojan Horse? I hear Boehner is threatening anyone in the GOP who does not vote for it.

Who knows, maybe Boehner and the rest will change parties if it passes. They would certainly be more at home there.
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Jun '13 13:08 / 2 edits
    The GOP doesn't have to go "bye bye." All it has to do is move a bit closer to the center to regain the appeal to moderates that it had prior to the last 15 years.

As much as I'd like to see a saner and resurgent GOP, trying to keep the country as white as possible is not a long term strategy for success.
  3. 14 Jun '13 13:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Admittedly, most if not all who would be given amnesty would mindlessly vote "D" for the rest of their lives. After all, they relate best to what is most like their former government.
    What's "their former government"? Immigrant-land is run by people similar to politicians of the Democrat party?
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Jun '13 13:27
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What's "their former government"? Immigrant-land is run by people similar to politicians of the Democrat party?
    No need to split hairs. For all intents and purposes, the OP refers to Mexico.
  5. 14 Jun '13 14:51
    I'm surprised no one is posting about this bill. Some within the GOP claim that if it is passed, the GOP will go bye, bye.

So is the bill a Trojan Horse? I hear Boehner ...[text shortened]... r and the rest will change parties if it passes. They would certainly be more at home there.
    Excuse me, but they left their country due to oppression so I doubt they want more of the same here. I'm guessing it is racist fear.
  6. 14 Jun '13 15:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Excuse me, but they left their country due to oppression so I doubt they want more of the same here. I'm guessing it is racist fear.
    Yes, they left their country due to oppression, that's why they demonstrate in the streets of America and carry the mexican flag and stomp on the American flag, they are afraid of racist fear.

Viva La Raza !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQb1afeSBlw
  7. 14 Jun '13 19:11
    Conservatives are about to give up on the Republican Party. I don't see how the GOP can ever win if they lose its Conservative base.

But hey, why would that matter if the GOP is little more than another liberal option? Put a Democrat in office and you get a liberal. Put a Republican in office, you get a liberal. No real choice. I think many people are beginning to understand how this is working.
  8. 15 Jun '13 02:42
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What I mean is a state run by collectivists that take freedoms away from the populace perpetually. That is what they identify with.
  9. 15 Jun '13 02:43
    Originally posted by sh76
    The GOP doesn't have to go "bye bye." All it has to do is move a bit closer to the center to regain the appeal to moderates that it had prior to the last 15 years.

As much as I'd like to see a saner and resurgent GOP, trying to keep the country as white as possible is not a long term strategy for success.
    Conservatives have had it.

When is the last time a member of the GOP reduced the size and scope of government?

I could care less about moderates. They are but speed bumps to the collectivist utopia.
  10. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    15 Jun '13 03:22 / 1 edit

When is the last time a member of the GOP reduced the size and scope of government?

I could care less about moderates. They are but speed bumps to the collectivist utopia.
    I agree. With the most leftist agenda and government in American history installed right now, the only choice for a sustainable America is a strident conservative opposition. For liberals, 'compromise' is code for conservative capitulation. What I don't understand is how liberals in America can see the results of the agenda they are trying to enact in France, Italy, Spain, and Greece, in Detroit and in California, and still wish to pursue that agenda. It is mystifying why they pursue their own destruction.

Libs - you need to understand this. Conservatives will let you make the rules, and we'll still figure out how to win, using your playbook. You got a taste of that with the 30-hour work rule in Obamacare. And your agenda is not as beloved by America as you and the talking heads on MSNBC would have us believe. Gun control went nowhere, and you should take note of the complete lack of outrage. Even the people who wrote Obamacare are trying to avoid it. The product of your utopian project is a series of increasingly pungent turds in the form of half-assed, myopic legislation written by the far-left fringe that will increase the pain of the very people it is said to help.

Washington does not know better than I do how my money should be spent or how I should live my life. Neither do you. Piss off now, please. I liked you better when you whining about being out of power. Now that you're in power, you've done nothing but muck up the place.
  11. 15 Jun '13 03:27
    Originally posted by sh76

Closer to the center from the left I hope.
  12. 15 Jun '13 07:59

It looks like that was in the mid-2000s:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Us_gov_spending_history_1902_2010.png
  13. 17 Jun '13 21:47
    Quite the opposite, many in the GOP outside of racists and freak pundits at Faux News recognize that the GOP will go bye bye if immigration reform is not passed.

Yet, hopefully, people like you and others will keep up the good work alienating Latino Americans, and insuring a Democrat President in 2016 and beyond.
  14. 17 Jun '13 21:54 / 1 edit
    A lot of religious and social moderate/conservatives among Latino Americans including those that would eventually be granted citizenship under the bill. Bush got 44% of the Hispanic American vote.

I think only racists do not realize or refuse to realize that demographics are changing and their white America will be different, and that the Republican Party stands lose many more voters by alienating Latino Americans, than the net-positive gains, if any, the Democrat Party makes through the grants of citizenship.

Amnesty and a path to citizenship for millions of undocumented workers is on the way. Otherwise, the Republican Party is doomed at the presidential level. I love it.