1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 23:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I'm envisioning a gangster pulling one hand out of his trenchcoat when it's silk glove snags on his coat or something and gets halfway pulled out...he is very frustrated by your wit.
    Ask FMF if these thieving Government officials are WASP. You know ATY,"The Anglo connection"🙄
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 23:32
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Ask FMF if these thieving Government officials are WASP. You know ATY,"The Anglo connection"🙄
    I told you. Dutch and Japanese.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 00:02
    The justification for - or weary resignation in the face of - corruption (petty/not-so-petty, insidious, omnipresent) by the police in Jakarta, for example, is based on the well known rule of thumb: "Our salary only covers the first ten days of the month. So we are forced to be resourceful and self-sufficient".
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 00:03
    How much does a cop make compared to the common Jane?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 00:282 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    How much does a cop make compared to the common Jane?
    About the same as a mid-career teacher or a bit more. But teachers don't have to kick up to superior officers every day/week, nor do they have to pay a daily rate for things like using the Big Motorbikes With The Blue Light and Siren (which allows them to shakedown more motorists). Nor do they - if they are a bit senior - have to take care of their juniors if they get sick etc [being corrupt brings with it all manner of responsibilities that we honest folk might overlook!] Nor did they have to pay a big, big bribe to get into the police force in the first place. And I mean BIG. Like 6-12 months' salary. Top cops have houses and other investments in places like Australia or the U.S.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 00:46
    bet it's not the place you'd want to get a traffic ticket ... a la mordida ...
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 00:47
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    bet it's not the place you'd want to get a traffic ticket ... a la mordida ...
    Last traffic ticket I paid - last March or so - was about $3.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 16:26
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    maybe he did take a clubbing?
    thats a happy thought, but unfortunately I doubt thats the case.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 16:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am the Chief of Police here in Indonesia. So I take full responsibility for the corruption that goes on. No excuses. You got me bang to rights.
    Unbelieavable.

But assuming thats indeed the case, its no wonder corruption in the police force is existent, with characters like yourself being accepted as chief of police we can't help but think they don't set the bar very high.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree