1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 05:41
    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Things_Fall_Apart_(The_West_Wing) for background information.

"Before I share with you my vision for America, I want to say a few words about the man who I hope is my predecessor, President Josiah Bartlett. He has graced and honored his office, the highest in the land, the most powerful in the world, some would say, myself included. He has served this country steadfastly, and laudably, and I say this despite our political and philosophical differences, for in the end the presidency is more than a simple catalogue of policies pursued, crises weathered, battles lost and won--it's a stewardship, a sacred trust, a commitment to sacrifice every fiber of your being, every thought, every moment, every everything in service to your nation. President Bartlett has done this well and ably and he deserves nothing less than our humble appreciation and heartfelt gratitude. This is the basis on which I make my appeal for your support for this same office: my commitment to strive to be worthy of the great men who have gone before. Presidents walk in giant footsteps; they have magnificient legacies to uphold. I stand here on this day and put my name forward as one who aspires to their example, who will daily make that sacrifice, who will honor not just the office, but the people that office serves, their president of these United States of America."

___

I swear, if any of the current GOP candidates went to the convention and delivered a relevant, paraphrased version of this speech, I would campaign for that candidate without hesitation.

But I won't hold my breath.
  2. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 15:25
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Things_Fall_Apart_(The_West_Wing) for background information.

"Before I share with you my vision for America, I want to say a few words about the man who I hope is my predecessor, President Josiah Bartlett. He has graced and honored his office, the highest in the land, the most powerful in the world, some would say, my ...[text shortened]... eech, I would campaign for that candidate without hesitation.

But I won't hold my breath.
    The current GOP candidates are more concerned about getting control of women. You can't have the females running around loose and you can't have men looking at them. Furthering that bronze-age middle-eastern culture is more important than preserving our western heritage of freedom and responsibility affirmed by the founders.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree