1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 15:52
    Wesley Clark made these surprising statements. Plans change but I find it interesting coming from a high rank military career guy like Clark.

YouTube&feature=share

Which country do you think the USA will invade/bomb next?
  2. Standard memberWoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    Los Gatos, CA
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 16:042 edits
    That was 4 years ago, and a different administration, some things have changed.
    Most notably, the economy, and people rising up on their own.

I don't see us doing invading another country any time soon. Bombing, perhaps. Invading, no.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 17:40
    Originally posted by WoodPush
    That was 4 years ago, and a different administration, some things have changed.
    Most notably, the economy, and people rising up on their own.

I don't see us doing invading another country any time soon. Bombing, perhaps. Invading, no.
    Why would it make any difference that Obama is in office and not bush?
    I don't see how the economy would decrease the chances of another war.

Bombing to help the anti government side of a civil war might further colonialist goals too. I guess it doesn't make much difference to me.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 21:57
    Well, well.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-praises-arab-league-suspending-syria-174953892.html
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 21:58
    Maybe we can bomb them now.
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 01:171 edit
    Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful...half the arms 'abandoned' by Gaddafi loyalists fleeing the Libyan civil war are now in the hands of so many Islamist 'reformist' factions that half of the Middle East and Africa will become one mass recruiting ground to 'the cause,' available to the highest bidder with strings attached...and whose cause will NATO favour next, whoever shouts loudest and offers best practise, think about the quandary there ? The region is awash with so much hatred to former colonial powers and ethnic differences on a scale that makes 'Iraq alone' look like a kindergarten. DON'T bomb anywhere in the region, it'll bite the west 50X over, you cannot 'win' a war that has routes a hundred years and more..my goodness, what sort of advisers do leaders look to these days, kids fresh out of university, full of hyped up bollox, or folk that know full well that there are no quick fire solutions..you cannot offer aid to one without reaping the whirlwind of the other..
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 04:10
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Wesley Clark made these surprising statements. Plans change but I find it interesting coming from a high rank military career guy like Clark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHiOK4b58-E&feature=share

Which country do you think the USA will invade/bomb next?
    I think America should get out of the habit of invading every small country it thinks MIGHT be a threat. It's stupid, and expensive
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 07:56
    Originally posted by bill718
    I think America should get out of the habit of invading every small country it thinks MIGHT be a threat. It's stupid, and expensive
    Not if you are a colonialist, but you are right. We can't go into further debt to wage wars. It makes no sense.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 12:54
    Here we go again.

http://news.yahoo.com/report-u-carrier-sent-syrian-coast-tensions-flare-204421401.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree