Moves
    21 Dec '10 14:40
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101221/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_wikileaks_assange

WikiLeaks' Assange complains he's victim of leaks
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 15:57
    I find it interesting that the article says he has not been charged.
    So why was he in jail and now house arrest?

It doesn't seem right to throw someone in jail if the person has not been charged with anything.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 16:00
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101221/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_wikileaks_assange

[b]WikiLeaks' Assange complains he's victim of leaks
    [/b]
    OMGWTFBBQ this is proof that there is a God LOLOLOL
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 16:25
    Bradley Manning leaked the information.

Assange just put the information on wikileaks like the pentagon papers were put in the New York Times.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 18:121 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Bradley Manning leaked the information.

Assange just put the information on wikileaks like the pentagon papers were put in the New York Times.
    A distinction without a difference.

Assange's entire enterprise is based on leaked info. For him to complain about leaked info is ironic in the extreme.

Look, maybe the whole thing really is a set up and he really is innocent. If so, that's terrible and a shame. On the other hand, maybe he's really a rapist and should go to jail. I don't know (and neither do you).

What's not terrible but hysterical is that he's a man who obviously loves dishing the heat out but is apparently incapable of taking the heat gracefully.
  6. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 20:24
    I read on Wiki that Assange is the albino love child resulting from a schtuppfest between Bill Mahr and Anderson Cooper.

GRANNYleaks.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 20:26

Assange's entire enterprise is based on leaked info. For him to complain about leaked info is ironic in the extreme.

Look, maybe the whole thing really is a set up and he really is innocent. If so, that's terrible and a shame. On the other hand, maybe he's really a rapist and should go to jail. I don't know (and neither ...[text shortened]... usly loves dishing the heat out but is apparently incapable of taking the heat gracefully.
    I guess that might be the case, I don't know the guy. Who knows what happened behind closed doors and maybe he is just as flawed as we are only in different ways. It doesn't make me think less of him.

I guess there is something about him that irks you that I don't understand. Maybe it is psychological projection. Who knows.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 20:42
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I guess that might be the case, I don't know the guy. Who knows what happened behind closed doors and maybe he is just as flawed as we are only in different ways. It doesn't make me think less of him.

I guess there is something about him that irks you that I don't understand. Maybe it is psychological projection. Who knows.
    I explained on another thread what irks me about Assange.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 20:43
    Originally posted by smw6869
    I read on Wiki that Assange is the albino love child resulting from a schtuppfest between Bill Mahr and Anderson Cooper.

GRANNYleaks.
    Very good, Granny.

He really does look like a cross between those two.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 20:45
    Originally posted by smw6869

GRANNYleaks.
    LMAO!!!!😵

Rec
  11. Standard memberMacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    Taggart Comet
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 20:531 edit
    There is a monumental difference.

According to your own case law any information falling into the hands of a news outlet can be published without punishment. You have a rich history of this very thing happening before.

All indications are Bradley Manning is the punishable culprit and worked alone. Only if Assange is shown to have been 'hands-on' in the theft is he open for charges.

My personal take on dear Julian is - he is a 'schmuck' of the first order. As someone previously said, it seems he can dish out 'open-ness' but cannot take personal exposure. However, appearances are there are those in the US that are frustrated because of their own 'freedom of the press' laws who are now merging his sexual charges together with his leaks in order to form opinions indicating - sex charge is illegal so both are.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 20:551 edit
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    There is a monumental difference.
    Legally, yes.

We're discussing Assange's character/morality. In this respect, it makes no difference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree