1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 03:44
    FMF has once again inspired Whodey. Instead of asking whether the actual man was good or evil, whatever that means, we will ask the question how has Marxism influenced us today and in days past? Has the political influence been good or has it set mankind back or a combination thereof?
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 03:46
    I spit on Marxism!!!😠
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 03:49
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I spit on Marxism!!!😠
    Why?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 03:52
    What really interests me is how the term "Marxist" is so toxic, at least in the US political verbage. However, we have politicians implementing Marxist like policies as they deny being Marxists. Why not just come out and defend what they believe instead of hiding behind something they are not?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 04:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    we have politicians implementing Marxist like policies as they deny being Marxists.
    I think your ignorance of what marxism is should be a thread all of its own.
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 05:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think your ignorance of what marxism is should be a thread all of its own.
    Please explain your view of Marxism?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 05:14
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Please explain your view of Marxism?
    No. Why would I want to engage with people using their own secret language? Whodey is the one who is saying that U.S. "politicians [are] implementing Marxist like policies as they deny being Marxists" so the onus is on him, not me, to explain that peculiar assertion. You let it pass without asking him for his definition, so presumably you are inclined to agree with him. If so this means that you and him have your own secret language in which the word "marxism" bears no credible relation to political science in the real world (in which my understanding of "marxism" is rooted... if you haven't read Marx or read about Marxism and if you don't know what that definition is then I hardly think you and I have much chance of discussing politics in any meaningful way.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 06:221 edit
    Why?
    Because people tend to fear what they ignore.

[insert here some scene with chimps playing the bongo]
  9. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 07:33
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I spit on Marxism!!!😠
    Which do you like least, the Theses on Feuerbach or the Grundrisse?
  10. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 07:39
    What really interests me is how the term "Marxist" is so toxic, at least in the US political verbage. However, we have politicians implementing Marxist like policies as they deny being Marxists. Why not just come out and defend what they believe instead of hiding behind something they are not?
    FMF got in here first, but I'd just like to add some mocking laughter.

Kudos for hollowing out a word and leaving it with virtually no meaningful content, though.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 08:28
    Well, I suppose Marxism gave rise to social democracy as well, which, whether you like it or not, has also significantly influenced U.S. politics. I don't know to what degree Marxism was necessary for the advent of social democracy, however.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 08:29
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Because he's ignorant and, henceforth, makes graphical representations of his fears --which usually coincide with what he ignores.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 08:331 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma

*tumbleweeds*

Brilliant! The most intelligent thing you've ever posted!

Rec'd!!
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 08:40
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Brilliant! The most intelligent thing you've ever posted!

Rec'd!!
    Yep I thought it was ok, was going to compliment you on it, but then your head just swelled out too far.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 10:46
    FMF has once again inspired Whodey. Instead of asking whether the actual man was good or evil, whatever that means, we will ask the question how has Marxism influenced us today and in days past? Has the political influence been good or has it set mankind back or a combination thereof?
    Can you contradict dialectic materialism?
    Anyhoo, it's better to have a financial system based on philosophy than a philosophy based upon a financial system.

Ayn Rand can suck my nuts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree