1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 09:094 edits
    "There should be some sort of punishment for women who have abortions" - Donald Trump.

Oh Donald...you said some pretty abrasive stuff in the past 6 months, but this one tops them all! Yes, he did back track on this statement a bit, but it's out there for all to see and hear. This is not like Mitt Romney's 47% statement that was recorded in secret, nope...this was done on national television, with millions of folks watching and listening.

Donald Trump had to know how damaging a statement like this would be to his campaign and to the GOP in general. Donald Trump was once a big supporter of Hillary Clinton when she was a NY Senator. I wonder if Trump is deliberately sabotaging the GOP's chances, in favor of the Hillary Clinton. Hmmm.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-women-abort-punished-ban-article-1.2582955

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylc=X3oDMTFiN25laTRvBF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEaXRjAzEEc2VjA3NyY2hfcWEEc2xrA3NyY2h3ZWI-?p=Tump+women+must+punished&fr=yfp-t-561&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 09:574 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    "There should be some sort of punishment for women who have abortions" - Donald Trump.

Oh Donald...you said some pretty abrasive stuff in the past 6 months, but this one tops them all! Yes, he did back track on this statement a bit, but it's out there for all to see and hear. This is not like Mitt Romney's 47% statement that was recorded in secret, nope ...[text shortened]... yY2hfcWEEc2xrA3NyY2h3ZWI-?p=Tump+women+must+punished&fr=yfp-t-561&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
    It's really not that hard to figure out bill. Here is a clip of Trump gushing over Hillary, so much so, it's kinda embarrassing

YouTube

Keep in mind that this was as recently as having been filmed after the Benghazi scandal. You see Trump saying that he "did not think Benghazi resonated with voters" and thought she would run for President in 2016 and hopes she will run in 2016.

Progs like Trump knew that Hillary was in trouble and needed help. Essentially Trump had to run to stop Cruz.

As for the abortion comment, "the Donald" once said he could murder someone and still win the GOP nomination. However, Trump may have mortally wounded himself with this comment about abortion. For you see, Americans don't really care about their freedoms, unless it is the freedom to kill their unborn. Abortion is so revered in the US that anyone remotely suggesting that mothers should pay a penalty for killing their unborn child is met with such hostility that there is no recovery from it politically. Hillary can get up there and lie about Benghazi and even dismiss the brave men who died there by saying that no lives were lost in Libya and then lie to the faces of the mourning families about the incident, but so long as Hildabeast smiles and supports abortion rights, she will win.

I really thought Trump would wait until he had won the GOP nomination to say something like this, but I guess he has concluded he has already won. (Shrug) Then again, conservatives only care about ending abortion and most of them are already voting Cruz, so maybe it does not hurt Trump.

You know, there would be one good thing about forcing women to be accountable for killing their offspring, it would be reason #2,345,258 to lock up Hillary and throw away the key, for she too has had many abortions. From what I hear, having the one child was simply a cold calculated move to win the White House some day. Otherwise, I think Hillary would have killed her as well.

It's like Bernie says, the system is rigged. You have no idea as to the depth of depravity that resides with the man behind the curtain.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 11:44
    Is water wet?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 13:24
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Is water wet?
    Not if it is frozen or if it evaporates.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 17:421 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:25
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I suppose that Trump just spit out the punishment verbiage as in general terms, it doesn't make sense to prohibit something without a sanction for breaking the prohibition. Thinking of it in reverse, he might have concluded the prohibition would not be practical.

The entire nation made the same mistake with Prohibition. Sure drinking alcohol isn't a good thing, but how to sustain and enforce a prohibition of such, was inconceivable.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 18:291 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I suppose that Trump just spit out the punishment verbiage as in general terms, it doesn't make sense to prohibit something without a sanction for breaking the prohibition. Thinking of it in reverse, he might have concluded the prohibition would not be practical.

The entire nation made the same mistake with Prohibition. Sure drinking alcohol isn't a good thing, but how to sustain and enforce a prohibition of such, was inconceivable.
    The vast majority of GOP lawmakers who want to defund planned parenthood and make abortions illegal are older, financially well to do males. They know little of what young, poorer women face when deciding if they can afford to feed themselves AND their unborn child. Donald Trump and the rest of the GOP is displaying their ignorance on this issue for all to see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree