1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 12:48
    Isn't that why he opened Facebook to public trading in the first place, so he could sell and buy expensive things like land in Hawaii?

Henry Ford once lost control of Ford Corporation. He gained it back by selling his stock and putting his son in charge to scare investors into selling so he could buy low and be a majority shareholder again. It worked.
    That is not the case with Zuckerberg, but I could imagine him selling high so he can buy low in the future.

Is there a way to find out if any one person is selling a lot of stock in facebook at once? If Bill Gates or Warren Buffet were dumping a lot of stock in facebook is there a way to know that?
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 13:11
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Isn't that why he opened Facebook to public trading in the first place, so he could sell and buy expensive things like land in Hawaii?

Henry Ford once lost control of Ford Corporation. He gained it back by selling his stock and putting his son in charge to scare investors into selling so he could buy low and be a majority shareholder again. It worked ...[text shortened]... Bill Gates or Warren Buffet were dumping a lot of stock in facebook is there a way to know that?
    If a large shareholder changes their position significantly it is reported in the financial press. For London Stock Exchange listed companies it is a requirement. I'm not sure about other stock exchanges. I'm also not sure of the exact rules. It's possible to be notified of these things, but unless you're an electronic trader you'll never be able to react fast enough.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 13:50
    I wonder if Facebook has become a blight in society.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 17:30
    Does anybody know how to access Zuckerberg's latest securities filings?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/mark-zuckerberg-has-sold-357-million-in-facebook-shares-in-february.html
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 17:35
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I wonder if Facebook has become a blight in society.
    The establishment wants you to think so. They want Twitter to be the dominant social media. That is why you always hear about tweets on the news but rarely Facebook posts. They don't control Facebook like they do Twitter. I always suspect a corrupt politician when they use Twitter instead of Facebook.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 17:35

Henry Ford once lost control of Ford Corporation. He gained it back by selling his stock and putting his son in charge to scare investors into selling so he could buy low and be a majority shareholder again. It worked ...[text shortened]... Bill Gates or Warren Buffet were dumping a lot of stock in facebook is there a way to know that?
    === Is there a way to find out if any one person is selling a lot of stock in facebook at once? ===

Yes

https://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/sec-insider-form-4.aspx

Also, e.g., https://finance.yahoo.com/lookup?s=YHOO
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 17:382 edits

Bill Gates, who once owned 65% of Microsoft set up a diversification plan with his broker. He sold a percentage of his Microsoft stock at regular intervals. Gates now owns less than 5% of Microsoft. It's possible Zuckerberg is doing the same thing.

Facebook is hiring a lot of people to deal with their Russian hacking problems (though our beloved President said it could be someone else), but that aside, I very much doubt Zuckerberg needs to sell shares of Facebook in order to buy what he wants, nor do I think he has lost control of the company.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 17:42
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Bill Gates, who once owned 65% of Microsoft set up a diversification plan with his broker. He sold a percentage of his Microsoft stock at regular intervals. Gates now owns less than 5% of Microsoft.

Facebook is hiring a lot of people to deal with their Russian hacking problems, but that aside, I very much doubt Zuckerberg needs to sell shares of Facebook in order to buy what he wants, nor do I think he has lost control of the company.
    I didn't say he needed to sell shares and I know he has firm control of Facebook as I said in my OP.

No Billionaire needs the money, they want it. It is human nature to gain power.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 17:50
    Originally posted by @sh76
    === Is there a way to find out if any one person is selling a lot of stock in facebook at once? ===

Yes

https://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/sec-insider-form-4.aspx

Also, e.g., https://finance.yahoo.com/lookup?s=YHOO
    All I got from the Nasdaq link is "There are no insiders for this security" when I searched for info on Facebook. The Yahoo link was no help either.
    Have you tried to find anything yourself on those links?
  10. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 17:57
    All I got from the Nasdaq link is "There are no insiders for this security" when I searched for info on Facebook. The Yahoo link was no help either.
    Have you tried to find anything yourself on those links?
    You asked if Zuckerberg had opened Facebook to public trading in the first place, so he could sell and buy expensive things like land in Hawaii. Frankly, I doubt it, but was offering a possible reason why he would.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 18:46
    You asked if Zuckerberg had opened Facebook to public trading in the first place, so he could sell and buy expensive things like land in Hawaii. Frankly, I doubt it, but was offering a possible reason why he would.
    Didn't he just lose 15 billion when FB just tanked?
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 20:18
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Didn't he just lose 15 billion when FB just tanked?
    Zuckerberg went from 4th richest to 8th richest in about 2 hours Wednesday afternoon.

But he is still wealthier today than he was in April.
    He's not hurting.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 01:081 edit
    I did not ask. I stated.

Facebook does not have a Russian hacking problem. You are misinformed.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 09:37
    The establishment wants you to think so. They want Twitter to be the dominant social media. That is why you always hear about tweets on the news but rarely Facebook posts. They don't control Facebook like they do Twitter. I always suspect a corrupt politician when they use Twitter instead of Facebook.
    Blimey, that sounds like a load of bollocks.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 11:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Blimey, that sounds like a load of bollocks.
    When is the last time you heard about a politician posting something on facebook? Think about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree