1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 18:42
    For over 60 years the state of Israel has recieved money and lucrative arms deals from the United States, while it's Arab neighbors have been looked upon as second class citizens by most American lawmakers. Whenever there is a conflict in the region, hostile Arab actions are given much media attention, while the hostile actions of the state of Israel are either minimized, or deleted. I believe Israel does have the right to exist, it does not however have the right to build settlements on others property while America turns a blind eye to this practice. If there is to be any hope of peace in the middle east, America must abandon it's practice of treating the state of Israel like it's spoiled child, and treat Israel and it's Arab neighbors as equals. 😏
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 18:45
    Originally posted by bill718
    I believe Israel does have the right to exist,
    You filthy Zionist, you!

Scherzo, get him!
  3. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 19:56
    am no expert ... definately not ...

but think israel should build that massive wall they want ... just so long as those on the other side get a decent standard of living ...

was reading about tanks the other day for some reason n israels main one ...
    looks like a car / personel carrier whilst the other looked like they were just used as tanks

i will never get why muslims n jews don't get on ...
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 20:13
    Originally posted by Black Star Uchess
    Well, depending on what you're reading it could have something to do with Isaac and Ishmail (Ishmail being Abraham's out-of-marriage son and Isaac spewing forth the 12 children who would become the tribes of Israel) or it could be that after the Babylonians, the Greeks, the Romans (eventually) and then the Christians (in the crusades) crusified the the living daylights out of the Hebrews in Palestine, they decided they best not be takin' any chances with any other darned peoples...

However, the simple truth is money, power and land.
    And dividing people into religions (or sexes, or cultures or whatevers) is a simple way of making them die to keep me rich.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 22:431 edit
    Okay; I was going to stay out of this for a little while longer, but I have to say this:

Calling Israel a "spoiled child" is as ludicrous an idea as I can imagine. Israel has existed for 60 years surrounded by hostile neighbors and being embroiled in conflict after conflict after conflict, which they've won with their own soldiers and their own military, even if assisted by the US financially. They've always known that the minute they become weaker than the combined forces of their neighbors, its taps for the country and death for many of their citizens.

Say I take a 7 year old kid, parachute him into inner city Baltimore with $100 cash and the shirt on his back. I come back and pick him up 6 years later. When I do he's tough and strong and is an excellent fighter. His temper is a bit hair triggered and he's too quick to engage in fights when people taunt him.

Is that kid spoiled?

I mean, really, the "spoiled child" metaphor is absurd.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 22:44
    Originally posted by Black Star Uchess
    Muslims and Jews got along fairly well until 1948. Through most of the last millenium, Muslims and Jews got along better than Christians with either group.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 22:56
    Originally posted by bill718
    For over 60 years the state of Israel has recieved money and lucrative arms deals from the United States, while it's Arab neighbors have been looked upon as second class citizens by most American lawmakers. Whenever there is a conflict in the region, hostile Arab actions are given much media attention, while the hostile actions of the state of Israel are eit ...[text shortened]... te of Israel like it's spoiled child, and treat Israel and it's Arab neighbors as equals. 😏
    But I thought the US should not meddle in the affairs of other countries? At least Obama said as much about Iran fixing their elections. I will have to admit that he finally came around to slapping their hands for murdering their protestors. KUDOS!!

The US and the rest of the world does nothing about the genocide in the Sudan yet the world's focus is on Zionists building settlements in other people back yards? Things seem a little out of wack, no?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree