25 Oct '12 08:051 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard membermbakunin
    Radio Gnome
    Planet Gong
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 09:26
    Hamas firing rockets etc etc is not really relevant here. The ship was Swedish, registered in Finland. On board were Israeli activists and European and Canadian members of parliament. As I said in the OP, inspection of the ship's cargo might have been OK, but taking the ship into custody, forcing it to an Israeli harbor, and detaining the activists for attempting to enter Israel illegally when the stated objective was to enter Gaza doesn't seem right. And considering that the ship was boarded in international waters this has to be in breach of international law.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 17:11
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Dude!
    What's up bro? Still world traveling?

Definitely several sides to this. As with every issue, neither side's claim is pure. Israel's going to have to give to get what they want. I understand why they would not want to give back the Golan Heights from a military perspective. But the settlements - I don't think there's any viable argument that does not include some return of land.

Am I in the right thread or have my spectacles fogged over again?
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 16:13
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    What's up bro? Still world traveling?

Definitely several sides to this. As with every issue, neither side's claim is pure. Israel's going to have to give to get what they want. I understand why they would not want to give back the Golan Heights from a military perspective. But the settlements - I don't think there's any viable argument that does ...[text shortened]... some return of land.

Am I in the right thread or have my spectacles fogged over again?
    Travelling... I wish.
    Got a kid now. Only travelling I do is from here to the store to buy even more nappies.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 17:09
    Travelling... I wish.
    Got a kid now. Only travelling I do is from here to the store to buy even more nappies.
    Jayzus. The Great One, idled. No that's fantastic. Boy or girl? How old? What's his name? (Thinking you had a boy.)

Christ this place is like a retiremement home now. Where are all the flame wars?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 17:51
    Jayzus. The Great One, idled. No that's fantastic. Boy or girl? How old? What's his name? (Thinking you had a boy.)

Christ this place is like a retiremement home now. Where are all the flame wars?
    General forum aimed at Grampy Bobby.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 18:101 edit

Girl: Caitlin: age 2.5: occupation: destroyer of any sleep I ever had.
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 20:27
    Girl: Caitlin: age 2.5: occupation: destroyer of any sleep I ever had.
    Excellent. Happy for you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree