Israeli school textbook accepts hstory

Israeli school textbook accepts hstory

Debates

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
22 Jul 07

A text book approved by the israeli government (even if jUst for Arab schools) accepts some previously disputed facts, for example ""some of the Palestinians were expelled following the War of Independence and that many Arab-owned lands were confiscated".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6910859.stm

Interesting development?

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
22 Jul 07

Originally posted by Redmike
A text book approved by the israeli government (even if jUst for Arab schools) accepts some previously disputed facts, for example ""some of the Palestinians were expelled following the War of Independence and that many Arab-owned lands were confiscated".

Interesting development?
Sort of interesting, I guess, but so what? Did the Israelis instigate the conflict? NO!
"On May 15, one day after the creation of the State of Israel, the Arab armies of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon invaded the new Jewish state. The Arab forces were significantly larger than Israel's and were better equipped. Yet, coordination and organization were lacking and the Arab armies were often at odds with each other, seeking to incorporate territory from Palestine into their own states. Despite their small numbers, the Jews were well-organized, well-disciplined and well-trained."

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
22 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Stregone
Sort of interesting, I guess, but so what? Did the Israelis instigate the conflict? NO!
"On May 15, one day after the creation of the State of Israel, the Arab armies of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon invaded the new Jewish state. The Arab forces were significantly larger than Israel's and were better equipped. Yet, coordination and o ...[text shortened]... espite their small numbers, the Jews were well-organized, well-disciplined and well-trained."
Of course the israelis initiated the conflict - the creation of israel itself did so.

Edit, though that's a whole different debate, and not the point of my original post.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 07

Of course the israelis initiated the conflict - the creation of israel itself did so..
Tough luck. Thats basic stuff . .. . .. . You cant adapt .. You die.

l

Moves
23 Jul 07

The arabs initiated the conflict when they attacked Israel. That is the root of the problem. Blaming the country that gets attacked makes as much sense as blaming a rape victim.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by leepound
The arabs initiated the conflict when they attacked Israel. That is the root of the problem. Blaming the country that gets attacked makes as much sense as blaming a rape victim.
The creation of israel was an attack on Palestine.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Jul 07
1 edit

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
23 Jul 07

Interesting development?
A positive one, but why only for Arab schools?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I think they did. Hitler's plan to wipe them out failed.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by Rajk999
I think they did. Hitler's plan to wipe them out failed.
They didn't adapt, they were helped by a vast majority of non-Jewish.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by Palynka
They didn't adapt, they were helped by a vast majority of non-Jewish.
Likewise, there are many non-muslims helping the Palestinians and their cause. It does not seem to beworking.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by Rajk999
Likewise, there are many non-muslims helping the Palestinians and their cause. It does not seem to beworking.
Took the Israelis nearly 2000 years to get themselves sorted out, you could cut the Palestinians a little slack.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Took the Israelis nearly 2000 years to get themselves sorted out, you could cut the Palestinians a little slack.
As you mention that, I think the Bible predicted that the Jews would have to leave Palestine and would be scattered all over the world. It also predicted that in the latter days they would return to claim the land back. Is'nt that lending some credibility to the Bible ?

j

Moves
23 Jul 07

The Arab world chose to attack Israel rather than work for any peaceful solutions. No one is ever going to be 100% happy with the creation of a new country but the attacking of Israel, the sending rockets into settlements, the PLOs bombing of school busses, the use of suiside bombers and the eventual support of such "humane" activity as 9/11 make me confident that the Arab world contribution to the peace process is slightly lacking

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 07

Interesting development?
A related question is how do Palestinian school textbooks compare?
Are they truthful or are they instruments of propaganda ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.