1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 22:024 edits
    Jane Fonda, one of Hollywood's greatest actresses turns 78 today. Besides her many fine acting performances over the last 50 years (including that of Nancy Reagan) Jane Fonda had the courage to stand up to the right wing establishment in denouncing the Vietnam war for the charade that it was. The Vietnam war was a tool for enriching American defence contractors, oil companies and others that would profit off of the blood of American soldiers dying in an unnecessary conflict. North Vietnam was no more a threat to American security than Iraq was. Thank You Jane Fonda for helping expose the Vietnam conflict for what it was...a manufactured war, justified by lies.

To the right wing haters here who would insult this brave lady, I would remind you of that famous quote on free speech first credited to Voltaire, but was first spoken by a woman. Francis Marie Arouet 1694-1778: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,"

Happy Birthday Jane. May there be many more!

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/article/Jane-Fonda-turns-78-Then-and-now-6710979.php
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 22:10
    Originally posted by bill718
    Jane Fonda, one of Hollywood's greatest actresses turns 78 today. Besides her many fine acting performances over the last 50 years (including that of Nancy Reagan) Jane Fonda had the courage to stand up to the right wing establishment in denouncing the Vietnam war for the charade that it was. The Vietnam war was a tool for enriching American defence contract ...[text shortened]... !

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/article/Jane-Fonda-turns-78-Then-and-now-6710979.php
    LBJ was the right winged establishment?
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 00:00
    Jane Fonda, one of Hollywood's greatest actresses turns 78 today. Besides her many fine acting performances over the last 50 years (including that of Nancy Reagan) Jane Fonda had the courage to stand up to the right wing establishment in denouncing the Vietnam war for the charade that it was. The Vietnam war was a tool for enriching American defence contract ...[text shortened]... !

Hard for a people to accept that they sent their youth in to die for profit for others, but it is important to learn the lessons and try and make sure we don't keep repeating it. Kissinger refers us to useless eaters and has no respect or value of a human life. The same is true with the rest of the NWO.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 00:22

Not that it matters but François is a masculine gender name and many sources have talked of François-Marie Arouet as the male who adopted "Voltaire" aa a pen name.

Have you seen "Grace and Frankie"?

Also, "Tall Story" although Joshua Logan made her wear padding.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 02:054 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 10:06
    As an ex-B52 navigator I'd like to say Screw Jane Fonda.
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 10:54
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    As an ex-B52 navigator I'd like to say Screw Jane Fonda.
    ...who lost his way a long time ago..
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 11:01
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Hard for a people to accept that they sent their youth in to die for profit for others, but it is important to learn the lessons and try and make sure we don't keep repeating it. Kissinger refers us to useless eaters and has no respect or value of a human life. The same is true with the rest of the NWO.
    Not entirely pointless war. The US had no constructive war aims (as evidence by the failure to do what might have been required to achieve any) but was determined to teach a lesson to small countries that failed to conform to their demands. This is the meaning of the so called "domino theory". The war's objective was nothing more charming than to make Vietnam a horrible warning to others. The same philosophy was executed more simply in the catastrophic bombing of Cambodia and subsequent US support for the Khmer Rouge, for which Nixon and Kissinger ought to have been charged with war crimes, supported by direct and absolutely clear evidence from the Nixon tapes.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 11:58
    Thank You Jane Fonda for helping expose the Vietnam conflict for what it was...a manufactured war, justified by lies.
    Happy Birthday Jane. May there be many more!

Yeah thanks Jane for calling the returning POW's "liars and hypocrites" when disputing their claims of being tortured and starved.
    Also love the pictures of her entertaining enemy troops at an anti-aircraft battery meant to shoot down Americans, she was a real sweetheart.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 12:02

You do realize that you are celebrating something Jane said that she later apologized for, right?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 12:221 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    You do realize that you are celebrating something Jane said that she later apologized for, right?
    She apologized for calling the POW's liars, etc, and said she regretted letting the N. Vietnamese trick her into the propaganda photos of her at the AA battery, but she didn't say she was sorry for her anti-war stance and comments, and in this I agree with her, even as a Vietnam vet I gotta say it was a pointless war we should not have gotten involved in.
    That was when America jumped the shark and it's image started sliding downhill.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 14:27
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    She apologized for calling the POW's liars, etc, and said she regretted letting the N. Vietnamese trick her into the propaganda photos of her at the AA battery, but she didn't say she was sorry for her anti-war stance and comments, and in this I agree with her, even as a Vietnam vet I gotta say it was a pointless war we should not have gotten involved in.
    That was when America jumped the shark and it's image started sliding downhill.
    I find it amusing how the US government is slowly turning popular opinion into favoring troops in Syria.

They just never stop, do they?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 21:08

I wonder why she has had so much trouble keeping a husband.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 21:251 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Not entirely pointless war. The US had no constructive war aims (as evidence by the failure to do what might have been required to achieve any) but was determined to teach a lesson to small countries that failed to conform to their demands. This is the meaning of the so called "domino theory". The war's objective was nothing more charming than to make Vi ...[text shortened]... charged with war crimes, supported by direct and absolutely clear evidence from the Nixon tapes.
    Nixon was the one that pulled us out of Vietnam. He obtained a peace agreement that resulted in the release of all our prisoners of war too. However, after all our troops left, then the Communist North violated the peace agreement and attacked and overran the South.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 22:471 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree