"Japan’s ruling party invites women to meetings – but won't let them speak"

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
18 Feb 21

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
18 Feb 21

There is something seriously wrong with Japanese society.
From those cafes where women are dressed like a cross between school girls and cats and sing in high-pitched voices, to nobody having sex anymore to teenage suicide rates to men buying used female knickers.
Completely mad.

Very good food though!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
18 Feb 21

Maybe the women should try not to talk so much in meetings. Nobody likes serial yakkers.

https://dilbert.com/strip/1993-04-18

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 21
1 edit

@Duchess64

Just to clarify, China good, Japan bad?

Edit: Did I miss your thread regarding the BBC report detailing allegations of rape, sexual abuse and torture of ethnic Uighur and other Muslim women in China? Or is it just woman not being let to speak in Japan that gets your goat?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 21
1 edit

@shavixmir said
From those cafes where women are dressed like a cross between school girls and cats and sing in high-pitched voices, to nobody having sex anymore to teenage suicide rates to men buying used female knickers.
Completely mad.

Very good food though!
Without question the most amazing country I have ever visited. (But sure it has its quirks). Love the food, the people are friendly, polite, and welcoming. I remember at the bus stop there was a line on the ground where people waited in an orderly queue and nobody spoke on their mobiles on the bus.

Got back to London and the very first bus journey I took a passenger threw a carton of cream over the driver.

Moves
18 Feb 21

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Cream and sugar guv'na?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Cream and sugar guv'na?
The passenger was cross the driver had driven off too quickly causing them to spill their shopping.

Moves
18 Feb 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
wow...Japan only has TWO genders...imagine that.

Moves
18 Feb 21

Hahaa

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19 Feb 21
1 edit

@shavixmir said
Completely mad.

Very good food though!
It is so mean-spirited of you to criticize cultural ethos, unless it is American. Ha!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19 Feb 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke - to Duchess64

Did I miss your thread regarding the BBC report detailing allegations of rape, sexual abuse and torture of ethnic Uighur and other Muslim women in China? Or is it just woman not being let to speak in Japan that gets your goat?

The Duchess64 is a woman and is sometimes not allowed to speak.

D

Moves
19 Feb 21
1 edit

Moves
19 Feb 21

No comment on the Muslims in China?

D

Moves
19 Feb 21

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
19 Feb 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Without question the most amazing country I have ever visited. (But sure it has its quirks). Love the food, the people are friendly, polite, and welcoming. I remember at the bus stop there was a line on the ground where people waited in an orderly queue and nobody spoke on their mobiles on the bus.

Got back to London and the very first bus journey I took a passenger threw a carton of cream over the driver.
Ahhhh... London... the capital of civilization...