Jobs bill?

Jobs bill?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TANSTAAFL

Walking on sunshine

Moves
12 Feb 10

Originally posted by utherpendragon
The Federal government cannot create jobs by spending more money.Plain and simple. If you say it can show me how.
Simple - hire half of the unemployed to dig holes, and the other half to fill them in.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
12 Feb 10

Originally posted by richjohnson
Simple - hire half of the unemployed to dig holes, and the other half to fill them in.
I got a better idea. Build a 40' concrete wall w/gun towers on top every couple hundred feet along our entire southern boarder.
That would put a half the people to work and the other half could get their jobs back that the illegals stole.

K

Germany

Moves
12 Feb 10

I got a better idea. Build a 40' concrete wall w/gun towers on top every couple hundred feet along our entire southern boarder.
That would put a half the people to work and the other half could get their jobs back that the illegals stole.
Da tikka durr!

w

Moves
13 Feb 10

😀

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Feb 10
1 edit

I'm down with this (maybe not the gun towers). The Air Force has about 200 Predator drones that should be more than plenty to monitor the border and dispatch personnel if anyone is sighted trying to cross (UPD would probably want to use the Hellfires, but I'm not that "conservative"😉.

D
incipit parodia

Moves
13 Feb 10

When you say the government gives a push I assume you mean w/a stimulas bill of some sorts. If so, why was this not the case in the depression of 1920?

The economic situation in 1920 was grim. By that year unemployment had jumped from 4 percent to nearly 12 percent, and GNP declined 17 percent.
Instead of "fiscal stimulus," Harding cut the governm ...[text shortened]... llowing year, unemployment was back down to 6.7 percent and it was only 2.4 percent by 1923.
Gosh. Are you Thomas E Woods, Jr?

Hy-Brasil

Moves
13 Feb 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
I'm down with this (maybe not the gun towers). The Air Force has about 200 Predator drones that should be more than plenty to monitor the border and dispatch personnel if anyone is sighted trying to cross (UPD would probably want to use the Hellfires, but I'm not that "conservative"😉.
LOL I didn't think about that
A few AH-64A/D Apache Attack Helicopters would do an awesome job down there as well!

Just look at the potential:

A 30mm automatic Boeing M230 chain gun is located under the fuselage. It provides a rate of fire of 625 rounds a minute. The helicopter has capacity for up to 1,200 rounds of ammunition.

The AH-64D is armed with the Lockheed Martin / Boeing AGM-114D Longbow Hellfire air-to-surface missile which has a millimetre wave seeker which allows the missile to perform in full fire and forget mode. Range is 8km to 12km.

"The Apache's 30mm automatic Boeing M230 chain gun fires 625 rounds a minute."
The Apache can be equipped with air-to-air missiles (Stinger, AIM-9 Sidewinder, Mistral and Sidearm) and the advanced precision kill weapon system (APKWS), formerly known as Hydra, family of guided and unguided 70mm rockets.

Ahhh if only I were President.😏