1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 03:42
    before the Super Bowl. I have no link, but I just saw the commercial on CBS.

I'm going to watch the Palin interview right before this one.

Either I'll come on here saying:

1) Couric softballed and sucked up to Obama after skewering Palin

OR

2) Wow, there really is an amazing gap between Obama and Palin

or something else of course.

But either way, this should be an interesting juxtaposition.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 04:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    Couric softballed and sucked up to Obama after skewering Palin
    If people like you set the bar so low, what hope is there? Couric did softball Palin. Palin skewered herself. I have watched the interview several times.
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 05:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    If people like you set the bar so low, what hope is there? Couric did softball Palin. Palin skewered herself. I have watched the interview several times.
    you saw it several times? its funny how you use the same exact term"softball" as all the left wing blogs do I noticed when I googled the interview. C'mon now fmf is "softball" your own words or are you parroting?
    They re-run american t.v. interviews that often in Indonesia?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 05:46
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    They re-run american t.v. interviews that often in Indonesia?
    We have the internet here.

sh76 used the word "softballed" in the post I was responding to.

"Can you name any of [the newspapers and magazines you read]?" is textbook 'softball', or at least would be in the U.K. where I come from, or here in Indonesia where I currently live.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 06:05
    Originally posted by FMF

[b]"Can you name any of [the newspapers and magazines you read]?"
    is textbook 'softball', or at least would be in the U.K. where I come from, or here in Indonesia where I currently live.[/b]
    why on Gods green earth would you watch that interview "several times"?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 06:08
    why on Gods green earth would you watch that interview "several times"?
    Because it was a hot topic here at RHP Debates. Back before you joined us. Actually the first time I saw it was on cable TV in a hotel when I was in Jakarta doing some consultancy work at the Ministry of Education.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 06:21
    Originally posted by FMF

[b]"Can you name any of [the newspapers and magazines you read]?"
    is textbook 'softball', or at least would be in the U.K. where I come from, or here in Indonesia where I currently live.[/b]
    "Can you name any of [the newspapers and magazines you read]? -FMF

Glamour,cosmopolitan,field and stream,redbook,good house keeping,tiger beat,soldier of fortune and ebony
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 06:271 edit
    "Can you name any of [the newspapers and magazines you read]? -FMF

Glamour,cosmopolitan,field and stream,redbook,good house keeping,tiger beat,soldier of fortune and ebony
    See it's easy. "Softball", in fact. And yet Sarah Palin was unable to answer it.

edit: unless, of course, you rate this is a non-self-skewering answer: "I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where, it's kind of suggested and it seems like, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C. may be thinking and doing when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.".
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 06:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    See it's easy. "Softball", in fact. And yet Sarah Palin was unable to answer it.

edit: unless, of course, you rate this is a non-self-skewering answer: "I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where, it's kind of suggested and it seems like, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, ...[text shortened]... you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.".
    I have to agree. Sarah was like a fish out of water. I still like her though. Not Presidential though.
  10. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 12:45
    I have to agree. Sarah was like a fish out of water. I still like her though. Not Presidential though.
    What do you like her for if she is not presidential? Need a girlfriend?
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 13:00

OR

Why not both? There is a huge gap between both and Couric will probably softball.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think Katie Couric played that hard with Palin. It would be awesome to see both on BBC's HARDtalk.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 13:402 edits

OR

What a bore. I would much rather have Harry Reid interview him and begin the interview by saying "Frachizle Manizle".....that is if you really want people to actually watch.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 13:46
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think Katie Couric played that hard with Palin. It would be awesome to see both on BBC's HARDtalk.
    Is the BBC's Jeremy Paxton still doing his thing. As far as I can make out, the U.S. doesn't have a Jeremy Paxton.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 13:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is the BBC's Jeremy Paxton still doing his thing. As far as I can make out, the U.S. doesn't have a Jeremy Paxton.
    It's Stephen Sackur now, but he's also pretty good. They pull almost no punches and do it with generally impeccable logic.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 14:01
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's Stephen Sackur now, but he's also pretty good. They pull almost no punches and do it with generally impeccable logic.
    Stephen Sackur and, say, Bill O'Reilly are in different professions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree