Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    25 Sep '18 14:23
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81240
    25 Sep '18 15:181 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html
    "We are actually at the point in this country where whether or not a man was a jerk in high school — not an attempted rapist, but a jerk — is reported by The New York Times as relevant to his qualifications to sit on the US Supreme Court.

    There is no depths to which these people will not sink. Brett Kavanaugh sounds like the kind of person I couldn’t stand in high school. But the more unsubstantiated, and increasingly trivial, garbage they throw at him, the more important it is to confirm him.

    What allegedly happened to Christine Ford is not trivial, and I think it’s important that she testify. But the idea that Kavanaugh might have gotten drunk and dropped trou at a party with a bunch of fellow drunken college students — that’s trivial. And the idea that insulting verbiage in his high school yearbook commentary tells us anything about his qualifications for the Supreme Court? It beggars belief. This is the world’s No. 1 superpower we’re talking about, but our elites are acting like the faculty of Antioch College.


    The left will stop at nothing to destroy this man. Three years ago, a friend who defected in the 1960s from Hungary told me that he and his wife, also a defector, are observing that our public culture reminds them more and more of Hungary at the advent of communism. I asked him to explain what he meant. He told me that the ideologically-driven eagerness to destroy people that the Left identifies as its enemies is the essence of it. He said that they will say anything they need to say, even if it’s untrue, to professionally and personally destroy people.

    I wondered in 2015, when he told me that, if he was exaggerating. I don’t doubt it at all now. Not after this.

    Tonight I had a business call with someone who lives in one of the bluest parts of America. She mentioned that this Kavanaugh business terrifies her for her sons. The idea that a man could be destroyed because of these accusations infuriates her and makes her afraid. I think that many on the Left are not thinking about the fact that women have daughters, yes, but they also have sons, brothers, and husbands."
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    25 Sep '18 15:29
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "We are actually at the point in this country where whether or not a man was a jerk in high school — not an attempted rapist, but a jerk — is reported by The New York Times as relevant to his qualifications to sit on the US Supreme Court.

    There is no depths to which these people will not sink. Brett Kavanaugh sounds like the kind of person I coul ...[text shortened]... about the fact that women have daughters, yes, but they also have sons, brothers, and husbands."
    Source?
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81240
    25 Sep '18 15:37
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Source?
    you have forfeited your ability to have adult conversation.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81240
    25 Sep '18 15:38
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    you have forfeited your ability to have adult conversation.
    why? you cant argue the message so you want to attack the source?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    25 Sep '18 15:41
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    why? you cant argue the message so you want to attack the source?
    He has not gotten over you saying his head was up his ass.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    25 Sep '18 16:09
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    you have forfeited your ability to have adult conversation.
    In other words, you lifted the quote from one of your twisted alt-right thinkers but you've forgotten which.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81240
    25 Sep '18 16:53
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    He has not gotten over you saying his head was up his ass.
    want to talk about what all has been up your ass? LMFAO
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81240
    25 Sep '18 16:54
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    In other words, you lifted the quote from one of your twisted alt-right thinkers but you've forgotten which.
    maybe you and sonhuse could hook up, I mean his old lady is out of service ya know.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    25 Sep '18 17:37
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    maybe you and sonhuse could hook up, I mean his old lady is out of service ya know.
    Too bad we are not in the same room. You just crossed the line.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81240
    25 Sep '18 18:11
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Too bad we are not in the same room. You just crossed the line.
    now what? LOL
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81240
    25 Sep '18 18:12
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html
    https://libertyunyielding.com/2018/09/25/nyts-hit-piece-on-kavanaughs-prep-school-yearbook-page-falls-flat/

    "The original article published online on Monday night was quickly scrubbed of a reference to a ‘Mr. Madaleno.’ The Times uses full names on first references to sources and titles on second references, though it was the first time his name was mentioned in the article. The claim of sexual braggadocio is sourced earlier in the article to one named and one anonymous individual who claims to fear retribution. NewsDiffs, a site that tracks changes to articles at the New York Times, caught the rapid deletion of his name. Reporters Kate Kelly and David Enrich did not explain why it was removed."
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    25 Sep '18 18:15
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    now what? LOL
    Nothing since you can cowardly stay anonymous on the net. I just hope you haven't reproduced to spread your miserable genes around the planet.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81240
    25 Sep '18 18:18
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Nothing since you can cowardly stay anonymous on the net. I just hope you haven't reproduced to spread your miserable genes around the planet.
    don't take your ball and run away asswipe !
Back to Top