Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 29 Sep '15 18:24
    http://news.yahoo.com/politician-says-homeless-people-should-be-put-down-133101383.html

    A politician in Mexico said that the homeless should be given lethal injections cuz it was in their best interest.
  2. 29 Sep '15 21:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/politician-says-homeless-people-should-be-put-down-133101383.html

    A politician in Mexico said that the homeless should be given lethal injections cuz it was in their best interest.
    sounds like a platform that Trump could run on
    only limit it to illegal immigrant homeless
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    29 Sep '15 21:42
    Mexican politics is very, very dirty.
  4. 30 Sep '15 02:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    sounds like a platform that Trump could run on
    only limit it to illegal immigrant homeless
    I could see Dims eventually embracing this as well.

    All that needs to be done is to devalue them as human being like the unborn. Like the unborn, these homeless people appear unable to care for themselves and are a burden on society. Let Planned Parenthood take their organs to sell as icing on the cake.
  5. 30 Sep '15 11:04 / 1 edit
    No way!!!

    Who could've possibly seen this coming?? That Whodey would make this about abortions? I for one am just so totally surprised!

    No, but seriously... how are you, Whodey? Are you hanging in there? Making plans to make America "the greatest nation on the planet" again? It's going to be big, isn't it,? When your kind finally says "NO MORE!!" and the change begins. According to Norm that will happen. Do you agree?
  6. 30 Sep '15 16:33
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    No way!!!

    Who could've possibly seen this coming?? That Whodey would make this about abortions? I for one am just so totally surprised!

    No, but seriously... how are you, Whodey? Are you hanging in there? Making plans to make America "the greatest nation on the planet" again? It's going to be big, isn't it,? When your kind finally says "NO MORE!!" and the change begins. According to Norm that will happen. Do you agree?
    What is all that different between the unborn and those who are able to care for themselves outside the womb?
  7. 30 Sep '15 17:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    What is all that different between the unborn and those who are able to care for themselves outside the womb?
    It's often said that right to lifers only care about human suffering before birth. Honestly, would you really care if we killed the homeless?
  8. 30 Sep '15 19:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    What is all that different between the unborn and those who are able to care for themselves outside the womb?
    I assume you meant "... unable to care...". That's alright, buddy. I'll keep trying to understand your posts. Isn't always easy, but I'm a trooper.

    Anyhoo, two differences would be that a homeless person - usually - doesn't live inside another person's body and that whether or not a homeless person can take care of himself is actually quite dependent on how "taking care of oneself" would be defined.
  9. 30 Sep '15 19:53
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Anyhow, .... differences would be that a homeless person - usually - doesn't live inside another person's body
    Is that an argument to keep abortion legal and to legalize killing of the homeless?
  10. 30 Sep '15 20:00
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Is that an argument to keep abortion legal and to legalize killing of the homeless?
    Erm...

    No...?

    Please explain how you came to that conclusion.
  11. 01 Oct '15 00:00
    Christmas time I love going out on freezing winter nights to find poor starving homeless people shivering and sleeping in alleys, and then set them on fire.
  12. 01 Oct '15 05:49
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Christmas time I love going out on freezing winter nights to find poor starving homeless people shivering and sleeping in alleys, and then set them on fire.
    That's the Christmas spirit!
  13. 01 Oct '15 12:30
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I assume you meant "... unable to care...". That's alright, buddy. I'll keep trying to understand your posts. Isn't always easy, but I'm a trooper.

    Anyhoo, two differences would be that a homeless person - usually - doesn't live inside another person's body and that whether or not a homeless person can take care of himself is actually quite dependent on how "taking care of oneself" would be defined.
    You bring up an interesting issue. Often people living in the Arctic have rather primitive housing, as do some living in crates in warmer climates. How do we define "homelessness"? Does a home have to meet some standard set by others? For hundreds of years, native Americans lived in tents and considered them home. Now many live in run down mobile homes. What is really homeless, and isn't what people choose to provide for themselves their own business?
  14. 01 Oct '15 13:40
    Originally posted by normbenign
    You bring up an interesting issue. Often people living in the Arctic have rather primitive housing, as do some living in crates in warmer climates. How do we define "homelessness"? Does a home have to meet some standard set by others? For hundreds of years, native Americans lived in tents and considered them home. Now many live in run down mobile homes. W ...[text shortened]... t is really homeless, and isn't what people choose to provide for themselves their own business?
    That's all a bit simplistic.

    A "house" has to have certain standards, for the safety of the inhabitants and the safety of those around it. Think of gas pipes and the like.

    A "home" is first and foremost defined by the area. You can't just point to an area and call that your home. No-one wants to wake up one morning and see a construction resembling a house being build right in front of their own house. It's also frowned upon to build a home/house in the middle of the freeway.

    Other than that, yes, what people choose to provide for themselves is their own business.

    That doesn't mean we shouldn't offer a helping hand and offer them shelter. Not everyone is homeless because they chose to be. Many are homeless because they couldn't quite take care of themselves.
  15. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    01 Oct '15 17:01
    Originally posted by normbenign
    You bring up an interesting issue. Often people living in the Arctic have rather primitive housing, as do some living in crates in warmer climates. How do we define "homelessness"? Does a home have to meet some standard set by others? For hundreds of years, native Americans lived in tents and considered them home. Now many live in run down mobile homes. W ...[text shortened]... t is really homeless, and isn't what people choose to provide for themselves their own business?
    Haha.
    Amazing. Sort of like saying the Earth is flat... Well, it all just depends on your definition of round...

    Homeless is that you don't have a postcode attached to your residence. Well, in Europe it is anyways.