1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 19:53
    Right wingers will love this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 20:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Right wingers will love this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html
    I have a hard time with this one. As adults, they don't start this kind of therapy until there have been several years of counseling to make certain of the choice, unless there is some physical manifestation of biological ambiguity (man has xx chromosomes, atrophied ovaries detected, etc.). An eight year old kid is in no position to understand the full significance of the choice, and I don't think hormones should be messed with while in child growth unless there is an acute health issue.

I'm sorry, but this is selfish on the part of the parents. Their own sexual preferences are irrelevant, but it will be the focus on Fox News tonight.
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 20:10
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I have a hard time with this one. As adults, they don't start this kind of therapy until there have been several years of counseling to make certain of the choice, unless there is some physical manifestation of biological ambiguity (man has xx chromosomes, atrophied ovaries detected, etc.). An eight year old kid is in no position to understand the full sign ...[text shortened]... . Their own sexual preferences are irrelevant, but it will be the focus on Fox News tonight.
    think I'll just skip watching then, if Fox will have it later..:-)
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 20:20
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I have a hard time with this one. As adults, they don't start this kind of therapy until there have been several years of counseling to make certain of the choice, unless there is some physical manifestation of biological ambiguity (man has xx chromosomes, atrophied ovaries detected, etc.). An eight year old kid is in no position to understand the full sign ...[text shortened]... . Their own sexual preferences are irrelevant, but it will be the focus on Fox News tonight.
    I have a hard time too but the kid did see a psychiatrist and assuming the psychiatrist was competent at least this isn't being done on a whim.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 06:20
    Once the treatment is complete they will probably start telling the child they are a lesbian.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree