1. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 22:53
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    So you really think taxing the rich is the answer? Like I said, it's a step in the right direction, but only if spending cuts are made also.... why is that so hard for some of you to understand? when have you ever been able to spend your way out of debt, like Obama has been trying to do..I can't wait for this great plan he has coming,, three years after h ...[text shortened]... romise,, HOPE he is a one term president , PROMISE he will be with things going south so fast.
    So you really think taxing the rich is the answer?

Certainly one of them, yes.

Like I said, it's a step in the right direction, but only if spending cuts are made also

Yes, nobody is arguing against that. The question is about where cuts should be made.

when have you ever been able to spend your way out of debt, like Obama has been trying to do

I suppose to answer this question I'd have to start another thread titled "Lessons from FDR".
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 23:141 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]So you really think taxing the rich is the answer?

Certainly one of them, yes.

Like I said, it's a step in the right direction, but only if spending cuts are made also

Yes, nobody is arguing against that. The question is about where cuts should be made.

when have you ever been able to spend your way out of debt, like Obam ...[text shortened]... suppose to answer this question I'd have to start another thread titled "Lessons from FDR".
    we should also pay attention to what has not worked... the cash for clunkers was not a success. Now I hear we may offer lower interest rates to people who have freddie or fannie loans.. I'm not sure that is the right direction...
    either way, I don't think France has a whole lot to show us in an economic situation.
    perhaps I'm wrong, but I think most of europe is in pretty bad shape... some countries in worse shape than us, as the chart shows...
    You know when I got sick, I knew the house payment was too much, especially with 2 kids in college.... I had to make some tough choices, one of which was to re-finance back to 30 years on the house..... but I am in no danger of losing it, and I can get both kids through college.
    we need to face facts, and make wise decisions. It does suck, but we are surviving.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree